11 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel in Hue
What To Expect
This natural wonder lays hidden in a limestone mountain protected by tropical forests. The beauty of Phong Nha has attracted many travelers all over the world. It contains a system of splendid grottos and an underground river determined to be the longest in the world. Phong Nha – Ke Bang has been listed as a world natural heritage by UNESCO.
Thien Duong (Paradise) Cave, also known as the world's most beautiful and magnificent cave, was discovered in the central province of Quang Binh in 2005.
Situated in the heart of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, it is a UNESCO World Natural Heritage listed site. The underground cavern was carved out around 300-400 million years ago and is surrounded by underground streams and rock-covered mountains. According to the British Caving Association (the Governing Body for Underground Exploration in the UK), the cave is approximately 30-100 meters wide, with the widest point measuring 150 meters. There are two stalactite pillars, each about five meters high and a rock arch around 100 meters wide. Be in awe as you venture further inside, entering a magical area of stalactites that look like temples, cranes and a pine tree with hundreds of branches dotted throughout this underground world. Use your own imagination to discover more formations!
In the area surrounding Thien Duong Cave are dozens of stalactite bundles about 30-50 centimeters tall, resembling Buddha statues. Some of them are more than 1 meter in diameter. One stalactite structure looks like the communal house of the Central Highlands people.
Specifically, on the way to Paradise cave, you will visit two historical sites namely Hien Luong Bridge and Ben Hai river. Under the Geneva Accord on Viet Nam signed in 1954, the Ben Hai River was selected as a temporary demarcation line separating the country into two parts for military regrouping purposes. Hien Luong Bridge was then divided into two parts, each part serving as a border gate.
- 6.30 am: Pick you up at your hotel in Hue and depart to Quang Binh
- Visit La Vang Church where Virgin Maria appeared in 1798.
- Continue to go sightseeing Hien Luong Bridge and Ben Hai River
- 11.30 am: Have lunch at Phong Nha Restaurant
- 12.15 am: Continue to make a trip to Paradise Cave to explore the charm of Asia's longest dry and beautiful cave, which is recognized as one of the Natural Wonders of the World.
- 7:30 pm: Transfer back to Hue.
- Available minimum 2 people
- Transport by car/van/minibus
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.