10 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your place
What To Expect
Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta are the most popular destinations for day trips from Ho Chi Minh City. This exclusive tour is carefully crafted for you to see the best highlights of southern Vietnam in just one day.
Ever wonder what it feels like to fire a real AK-47? You are about to find out at Cu Chi, the symbolized area for guerrilla warfare in Vietnam. It is located only 70km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City.
Cu Chi consists of a vast and complex network of underground tunnels equipped with living quarters, meeting rooms, kitchens, and weapon storage. In this visit, you will learn about its important role in the Vietnam War, the daily struggles of its inhabitants, as well as the ingenious strategies and weapons that were used.
The peaceful greenery of today landscape will surprise you if you know that in the 60s, this area was a vast empty field due to the bombing, mines, and chemical poison. The tunnels were home to not only the Viet Cong soldiers but also the tenacious locals who decided to stay and fight.
Around noon, you will depart to go to My Tho, a city in the Mekong Delta region. Stop on the way for a nice lunch at a local restaurant. Enjoy a different natural landscape as you head toward the “rice bowl” of Vietnam.
Upon arrival, you will be taken by boat through a small canal into Ben Tre. The island is famous for its coconut trees and folk music. Take a walk around the village to breathe in the fresh air and the peaceful atmosphere in the jungle.
While you are here, take some rides by tuk-tuk, sampan, and even horse car to discover the area. Whether it's a visit to a honey farm to an elementary school, you will have an unforgettable experience!
Finally, perhaps that best gift to bring home with you is the warm smiles of the local people with whom you will encounter in the Mekong Delta. So, are you ready to start this amazing adventure now?
This itinerary is customizable if you choose the Private Tour option.
Start your tour around 7:30 a.m. to go to Cu Chi Tunnels. Your guide will offer free pick up at District 1 and 4 in Ho Chi Minh City.
After about 1.5 hour drive, you will arrive at Cu Chi. Start your journey back in time to learn about the important role of this complex underground system in the Vietnam War.
- Watch a documentary film that introduces you the history and building of the tunnels.
- Crawl short distances through the tunnels. You may see a kitchen, living quarters, and a meeting room on the way. The tunnels have been enlarged for western travelers, imagine what it must have been like before!
- Learn about the different types of booby trap and weapons.
- If you're more adventurous, go to the shooting range to fire an AK-47. It's real!
- Watch how Vietnamese make rice cake or enjoy tapioca, a local specialty, and a hot cup of tea with your local guide.
Around noon, depart from Cu Chi to for a 2-hour drive to My Tho, a city in the Mekong Delta region. Stop on the way to have lunch at a local Vietnamese restaurant. Brace yourself as the beautiful sceneries of the rural land reveal.
- Upon arrival, board on a boat cruise that takes you through the small canals into the coconut island, Ben Tre.
- Disembark and have a walk around the village to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and fresh air that is totally different from the metropolitan vibes of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Stop at a local family to enjoy tropical fruits, taste the honey tea, honey wine, and listen to Vietnamese traditional music.
- Visit local factories such as coconut candy shop, broomstick factory and learn about local work life.
- Hop on a bike for another adventure around town, where you can discover the local scenery such as coconut trees, fruits, flowers, houses, school, and get some nice photos.
Around 4:30 p.m., say goodbye to the new friends you've made and go back to Ho Chi Minh City. Expect to arrive at your hotel around 6 p.m.
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum of 8 people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.