Visit Mekong Delta and Cu Chi Tunnels in only one day
10 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your place
What To Expect
Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta are the most popular destinations for day trips from Ho Chi Minh City. This exclusive tour is carefully crafted for you to see the best highlights of the southern Vietnam in just one day.
Ever wonder what it feels like to fire a real AK-47? You are about to find out at Cu Chi, the symbolized area for guerrilla warfare in Vietnam. It is located only 70km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City.
Cu Chi consists of a vast and complex network of underground tunnels equipped with living quarters, meeting rooms, kitchens, and weapon storage. In this visit, you will learn about its important role in the Vietnam War, the daily struggles of its inhabitants, as well as the ingenious strategies and weapons that were used.
The peaceful greenery of today landscape will surprise you if you know that in the 60s, this area was a vast empty field due to bombing, mines, and chemical poison. The tunnels were home to not only the Viet Cong soldiers but also the tenacious locals who decided to stay and fight.
Around noon, you will depart to go to My Tho, a city in the Mekong Delta region. Stop on the way for a nice lunch at a local restaurant. Enjoy a different natural landscape as you head toward the “rice bowl” of Vietnam.
Upon arrival, you will be taken by boat through a small canal into Ben Tre. The island is famous for its coconut trees and folk music. Take a walk around the village to breathe in the fresh air and the peaceful atmosphere in the jungle.
While you are here, you will get to take rides by tuk-tuk, sampan, and even horse car to discover the area. Whether it’s a visit to a honey farm to an elementary school, you will have an unforgettable experience!
Finally, perhaps that best gift to bring home with you is the warm smiles of the local people with whom you will encounter in the Mekong Delta. So, are you ready to start this amazing adventure now?
This itinerary is customizable if you choose the Private Tour option.
Start your tour around 7:30 a.m. to go to Cu Chi Tunnels. Your local guide will pick you up at your preferred location in Ho Chi Minh City.
After about 1.5 hour drive, you will arrive at Cu Chi. Start your journey back in time to learn about the important role of this complex underground system in the Vietnam War.
- Watch a documentary film that introduces you the history and buiding of the tunnels.
- Crawl short distances through the tunnels. You may see a kitchen, living quarters, and a meeting room on the way. The tunnels have been enlarged for western travelers, imagine what it must have been like before!
- Learn about the different types of booby trap and weapons.
- If you get a bit adventurous, go to the shooting range to fire an AK-47. It's real!
- Watch how Vietnamese make rice cake or enjoy tapioca, a local specialty, and a hot cup of tea with your local guide.
Around noon, depart from Cu Chi to for a 2-hour drive to My Tho, a city in the Mekong Delta region. Stop on the way to have lunch at a local Vietnamese restaurant. Brace yourself as the beautiful sceneries of the rural land reveal.
- Upon arrival, board on a boat cruise that takes you through the small canals into the coconut island, Ben Tre.
- Disembark and have a walk around the village to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and fresh air that is totally different from the metropolitan vibe of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Stop at a local family to enjoy tropical fruits, taste honey tea, honey wine, and listen to Vietnamese traditional music.
- Visit local factories such as coconut candy shop, broomstick factory and learn about local work life.
- Hop on a bike for another adventure around town, where you can discover the local scenery such as coconut trees, fruits, flowers, houses, school, and get some nice photos.
Around 4:30 p.m., say goodbye to the new friends you've made and go back to Ho Chi Minh City. Expect to arrive at your hotel around 6 p.m.
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
There are two options: Small Group and Private tour. For both options, you can chat with your local guide and other people in your group even before the trip takes place.
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum of 8 people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.
What does my payment cover?
Your payment for this trip covers private transportation, a fluent, English-speaking guide, lunch, entrance fees, bottled water, fruit tasting, and all activities. Personal expenses such as extra food, drink, and tips are not included.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Cancellation is free if you cancel up to 48 hours before the trip date. We believe that this is the fairest way to ensure that both our travelers and local guides are happy.
Does the Small Group option still operate if there are less than 8 people signed up?
Yes, even if you are the only person who signs up for the trip on a given date, the tour will still take place.
Do you offer the Mekong Delta trip for multiple days?
Yes, we do. Please contact us for a more detailed arrangement at email@example.com.
My question is not listed here. What should I do?
Check our Frequently Asked Questions page or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help!