5 hours in total
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Thousand Island Lake: Located in the south of Shiding District., New Taipei City, Thousand Island Lake is literally a lake with thousands of islands. The natural terrain and climate make the surrounding area of Feitsui Reservoir an ideal farmland for tea-growing, including the well-known Wenshan Baozhong and Dong Fang Mei Ren.
This is a place for a retreat away from the city's hustle and bustle. You will experience amazing views of endless rows of mountains, terraced tea fields, and cerulean blue water.
Pinglin Tea Plantation: Pinglin is a beautiful mountain town surrounded by mountains and forests with only a limited population and abundant leisure resources.
Pinglin is also the main tea growing area for Wenshan Baozhong Tea.
The tea plantations that fill the mountains with greenery present its unique landscape. Pinglin is only one hour's drive from downtown Taipei, and the scenery along the way is simply amazing -- establishing a tea museum there has definitely added a strong attraction to local tourism and cultural industry while satisfying the need for relaxation for people in metropolitan Taipei.
Pinglin Tea Museum: Located beside the Beishi River in Pinglin, New Taipei City, Pinglin Tea Museum presents the Chinese tea culture and is worth visiting for tea lovers.
Pinglin Tea Museum has an abundant collection of materials on tea culture. Within the museum are theme exhibition areas and seasonal theme exhibitions. The exhibitions include physical aspects and cultural aspects, presenting all information concerning tea drinking in Taiwan. The museum is made up of the Exhibition Hall, Theme Hall, Multimedia Hall, Tea Art Hall and the Promotion Center.
The Exhibition Hall has 3 exhibition areas: tea history, tea making, and tea leave introducing how tea culture has developed in the Chinese history, rituals of tea making and commercial development of tea. We believe the visitors will have a better understanding of tea history after visiting the museum.
- “Thousand Island Lake” Scenery
- Pinglin Tea Plantation
- Pinglin Tea Museum
- Tea tasting
- Pinglin Tea Museum will be closed first Monday each month. We will visit of Pinglin Old Street instead
- Private English-speaking local guide
- Air-conditioned transports
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.