11 hours in total
Seafood lunch, cruise, transport included
Pick up in Hanoi
What To Expect
Prepare yourself for a unique adventure to capture the surreal essence of Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage natural wonder. With such worldwide reputation, the bay of “descending dragons” is a huge tourist attraction, so utilize the knowledge of our local guides to escape the tourist traps and enjoy the most comfortable and rewarding trip you could ever find in the area!
Depart from Hanoi and enjoy a 3.5 hour drive through beautiful natural landscapes, scattered towns, and local markets that put Northern Vietnam on full display while relaxing in an air-conditioned minivan.
Upon arrival, you will join on a cruise to ride on the iridescent waters and witness one of the world's most impressive natural wonders. Treat yourself on the cruise to a sumptious seafood lunch on the cruise for a majestic, beautiful view of more than 2,000 idyllic limestone islands. Note: Private boat might be available if more than 7 slots are filled for Small Group option.
Among them is the famous “Thien Cung” (Heavenly Palace) Cave, the second largest cave in the area with a magnificent system of stalactites. You may be surprised to know that it has actually only recently been discovered by a fisherman - on accident!
The trip also features a visit to a fishing village in the Quang Ninh province, where Halong Bay is located. You will learn a lot about the life and culture of local fishermen, as well as the rich history of this area. So hurry up and secure a spot in this amazing adventure!
This itinerary is customizable if you choose the Private Tour option.
Around 8 a.m., your local guide will pick you up at your location in Hanoi and begin a 3.5-hour journey to Halong Bay.
- Board on a shared cruise to visit the most impressive landmarks among the 2,000 limestone islands of the bay, including Cock Fighting and Dinh Huong islets. Note: Private boat might be available if more than 7 slots are filled for Small Group option.
- Feast on a fresh seafood lunch onboard while appreciating the majestic view of Halong.
- Discover secret grottoes and mystical caves such as the “Thien Cung” and “Sung Sot” Caves.
- You can choose kayak or bamboo boat to explore the islands and feel the charm more deeply.
- Disembark at a rustic fishing village to delve into the culture and customs of local inhabitants.
- Return to your boat to relax before departing for Hanoi.
Around 4:30 p.m., return to your minivan and begin the drive back to Hanoi. You will arrive at your hotel around 8:30 p.m.
- Seafood lunch on cruise.
- Cruise/private boat in Halong Bay.
- Kayaking & bamboo boat in Halong Bay.
- Pickup & drop-off at your place in Hanoi.
- Air-conditioned transport to Halong with experienced drivers.
- Experienced, English-speaking guide.
Plan your trip
- Join Inspitrip group of maximum 10 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
- Customized itinerary
- Last minute bookings available
- Request now, pay later
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum of 10 people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.