The best DMZ, JSA, and Third Tunnel combined tour
9 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pickup at meetup location
What To Expect
The Korea Demilitarised Zone separating North Korea and South Korea is an extraordinary place unlike anywhere else on earth. In this tour, you will learn about the historic relevance of the DMZ, and about the dynamic relationship these two countries have at present. North Korea is a prominent talking point in global news, and entry into the country is restricted so this tour is a great opportunity to see the country with your own eyes.
Begin the tour with a drive along the 'Freedom Highway', where you can catch a glimpse of North Korea, before passing through the 'Unification Village'. Unification village is a quaint farming village, which will give you an insight into what life might be like here without all the conflict.
From the Unification Village, you will make your way to Camp Bonifas, a United Nations military outpost, where you will watch an educational documentary presentation about the DMZ, which will give you a better understanding of the DMZ and its significance in Korean history.
In the second part of this tour, your guide will take you to the Joint Security Area, which can be found within the DMZ, where you can find 'The Bridge of No Return'. The JSA has a fascinating and thought-provoking history, which your guide will do their best to explain, but don't forget to ask lots of questions! Tensions in this area can be quite high, so be sure to follow your guide's instructions.
After some traditional Korean lunch, you will visit the 'Third Tunnel', built by the North Koreans and discovered in 1978, implying aggression towards the South.
Your final stop will take you to the Dora Observatory, which is your best chance to look over the border into North Korea using telescopes. If you are lucky you might even be able to hear the propaganda being played over the loudspeakers by both parties.
On your journey back to the pickup point, you will be given a chance to reflect on what you have learned today and be satisfied with the knowledge you had the opportunity to witness living history. If one day these countries do make peace, the story of North and South Korea will be told for many years to come, and with this tour, you will have your own story to tell!
- Meet your local guide at a meetup point (exact place will be confirmed after reservation).
- Passport and attire check at the meetup point.
- Board on the bus and head to the DMZ.
- Drive through the Freedom Highway
- Pass through the Unification Village.
- Arrive at Camp Bonifas.
- Watch a presentation of the DMZ.
- Take a JSA tour including Freedom House, Sentry Post No.3, and Bridge of No Return.
- Take a break and enjoy your lunch with a choice of Bulgogi beef or Bibimbap rice bowl.
- Head over to the Third Tunnel under the DMZ.
- Visit Dora Observatory to look into North Korea.
- Drive back to Seoul.
- End of tour at original meetup location.
- A copy of your passport must be submitted to us 03 business days in advance, so last minute booking is not available.
- It is required to bring your currently valid passport with you on the day of the tour.
- The sites are closed every Sunday and Monday.
- Air-conditioned transportation
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Access to all attractions mentioned above
Plan your trip
- 2018 Calendar update: JSA is ONLY open on July 10, 11, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, and 27. You can still book our DMZ Morning tour, please visit our Things to do in Seoul page for more information
- Booking must be made at least 07 days in advance (see Important Notes)
- Instant confirmation
- The sites are closed every Monday and Sunday.
- Please kindly note that we do not accept last minute bookings for the next day after 6 pm (GMT +9)