2 hours in total
Fee for the Express Climb, equipment included
Meet up at 3 Cumberland St, The Rocks
What To Expect
If you are longing to climb Sydney Harbour Bridge but are short of time then the 'Express Climb' is tailor-made for you. This incredible experience gets you right up to the top of the Bridge and down again in just 2hours 15minutes, faster than any other tour.
And while you may save time, you don't save on excitement. Using catwalks and stairways, ascend to the summit, a dizzying 134 meters above the water. Look down on the expanse of Sydney Harbour, the Opera House and all the other famous landmarks.
Due to the popularity of the Bridge Climbs, places sell out fast - book ahead to avoid disappointment.
- Before you start the climb you will be issued with your all-in-one BridgeSuit, safety harness and any other protective gear necessary for the prevailing weather conditions. The people at Bridge Climb have thought of everything. They will even give you a lanyard for your glasses and a scrunchie for your hair!
- The Express Climb has been developed for people who are short of time, or who want the thrill of getting to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and down again without going into so much detail about the Bridge's structure and history.
- As time is a priority on this climb, the tour operator has provided more staff members to assist with a quicker Climb preparation, allowing you to discover the wonders of the Bridge in just 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- In a small group of up to 12 climbers, you will climb through the heart of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Your route takes you along catwalks and stairs till you reach the summit 134 meters above the water. Here you will be rewarded with breath-taking panoramas of the City and Harbour.
- Standing on top of the Bridge, you'll take in the sights of the Sydney foreshore and the world-famous Sydney Opera House. On a clear day, you will see views stretching from the Pacific Ocean to the Blue Mountains.
- At the end of the Climb, you will receive a commemorative Climber Certificate and a complimentary group photograph, with all climbers in the group receiving an identical photo.
- Approximately 08:30 am, 08:40 am, 11:00 am, 11:10 am, 11:20 am, 01:10 pm, 01:20 pm, 02:40 pm, 02:50 pm.
- Please note that these times act as a guide only and will vary depending on the time of year and demand. When making your booking please state your preferred start time in the special requests field.
- You should arrive at the Bridge Climb check-in at least 15 minutes prior to this time.
- No loose objects can be taken onto the bridge, including but not limited to cameras, mobile phones and video cameras (lockers are provided).
- Climbers should be ready to wear a Bridge suit over their existing clothing.
- If any of the following apply to you, it will not be possible to take part in the climb.
- You are under 10 years of age.
- You are under 1.2 meters (4 feet) in height.
- You have a blood-alcohol reading of 0.05 percent or higher. (You must pass an alcohol breath test before climbing the Bridge).
- You have broken bones.
- You have undergone surgery in the last 6 months or are experiencing ongoing symptoms.
- You have experienced a fit or seizure in the past 6 months and do not hold a driver's license for this reason.
- You are over 24 weeks pregnant.
- It is a legal requirement for every climber to sign a Climber Declaration form.
- Pregnant Climbers less than 24 weeks must consult a medical practitioner before climbing and must ask the medical practitioner to sign a Bridge Climb Certificate of Fitness. (The certificate of fitness is available to download from the Bridge Climb website).
- A child climber must be accompanied by an adult climber at all times, with a maximum of three children per adult.
- At Bridge Climb's discretion, essential medication may be taken on the Climb (eg asthma inhalers or diabetic medication). Please speak with a Team member on the day.
- Climbers above 75 years of age can climb with a certificate of Fitness, signed by their GP which you can download from the Bridge Climb website and bring with you on the day of the climb.
- The climb operates in all weather conditions with the exception of electrical storms and extremely high wind. In the event a climb is canceled, the activity operator will endeavor to offer an alternate departure.
- English-speaking professional climb leader
- Fee for the Express Climb
- Complimentary group photograph
- Commemorative climber certificate
- Protective clothing including BridgeSuit (all-in-one suit), Bridge Fleece, weather shell and over pants, head-wear, and gloves
- Communication equipment: radio and comfortable headset
- Safety harness
- Glasses attachment (lanyard), scrunchies
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Plan your trip
- Join a group of maximum 14 peoples
- Join group message after payment
- Instant confirmation
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.