8 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up from downtown Bangkok
What To Expect
Let's begin your trip by catching the Maeklong train as it passes through the Maeklong Railway market. Witness the scene unfold as the train approaches and the vendors start pulling back their stalls, canopies, and wares to make room for this train to squeeze through the narrow market. The Maeklong Railway open market sits right upon an active railway, which makes it distinct and attractive to curious visitors.
Then, we will drive to Amphawa floating market, where you will see hundreds of paddle boats selling Thai traditional food along the river. Grabbing a bite to eat is recommended and many of the waterborne boats will be preparing and selling a plethora of foods to feed the hungry market goers.
When the night falls, we'll board the motorboat to take a trip through the backwaters to Amphawa Floating Market. The motorboat route will take you along the rivers and waterways while observing traditional Thai ways of living.
If you are lucky enough, you will get to see hundreds of fireflies lighting up the night like twinkling stars!
- Pick up at your Bangkok hotel at 12:00 - 12:30 pm.
- Depart for Samutsongkram province and head southwest to the Mae Klong Train Market.
- Around 3:30 pm, drive to the Amphawa Floating Market
- At 6:30 pm, when the night falls, board on a motorboat and cruise along the canal to watch the local villagers go about their daily life. If you are lucky enough, you will get to see hundreds of fireflies light up the night!
- At 7:00 pm, depart for Bangkok and arrive at your hotel around 8:45 pm.
Note: Amphawa Floating markets are open on weekends only. Hence, this tour is only available on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Licensed English speaking local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus/car
- Boat ride in Amphawa
- All entrance fees
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel in downtown Bangkok
Plan your trip
- Customized itinerary to suit your preference.
- Request now, pay later.
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice.
- Join a group of maximum 12 people
- Join group message after payment
- Instant confirmation
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.