6 hours in total
Transport, ingredient included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
A cooking class with a difference! Join us in Tamarind's picturesque lakeside pavilions. You'll cook Lao food and learn about the habits and customs at the heart of Lao cuisine.
Fresh ingredients are at the heart of Lao cuisine, with some intriguing and unfamiliar flavors. We start with a visit to the major food market; explain what the foods are and what they are used for.
The food you'll learn to make:
- Variety of jeow: the basic Lao spicy dipping sauce.
- Mok pa: a popular dish of herbed fish steamed in banana leaves.
- Tamarind's specialty: lemongrass stuffed with chicken and herbs.
- Laap/koy: a minced meat salad, garnished with herbs.
- Dessert course!
- And of course, you will also learn to make the perfect sticky rice and its eating etiquette.
- 09:00 am: Pick up from your hotel in Luang Prabang. Meet your local guide and start transferring to Tamarind's lakeside pavilions.
- Visit a local food market, and your local guide will explain the diverse range of ingredients in Laos cuisine.
- Arrive at Tamarind garden to cook and eat.
- Pound ingredients in a mortar and pestle and cook over an open flame.
- Enjoy the stunning Laos food prepared by yourself.
- Enjoy a dessert course.
- 03:00 pm: Transfer back to your hotel and conclude the tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Luang Prabang.
- Air-conditioned car
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Vegetarian alternatives
- Recipe book
- Bottled water
What's not included
- Other drinks
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.