4 hours in total
Entrance, transport included
Pickup at your hotel in central Taipei
What To Expect
Famous for the ancient and traditional vibe, Jiufen (Chiufen) is an old mining village that was the inspiration for Miyazaki to create the legendary animation 'Spirited Away'. The Japanese influenced architecture and beautiful surrounding mountains have made Jiufen village a must-visit attraction. This 4-hour trip will give you a truly local experience and insight into what ancient Taiwan might have been like.
Leaving behind the hustle and bustle of Taipei, you will get on a scenic ride up the mountains to Jiufen (Chiufen), a quaint village located at higher altitudes in the North East. Old houses imprinted with the traces of time will surely encourage you to learn more about the rich cultures of Taiwan. Let your local guide help you explore the unique hidden gems in this town, such as the tea houses. After leaving Jiufen, your coach driver will take you to the top of the hill and get an astounding view of Keelung outer sea.
You will also get the chance to pass by Jinguashih (Chinkuashih) village, a location of remote wilderness and previously of the golden capital of East Asia. You will be mesmerized by the interesting origin of the site as well as the stories of the greedy treasure hunters.
From Jinguashih village, you will pay a visit to one of the three Capes of North Taiwan, Bitou (Pitou) cape, in which most of the rare stones of Taiwan can be found. This landmark will take your breath away with its outstanding geological characteristics.
Nanya will impress you with its rock formations and sea-eroded coral shores. Walking along the coastline, you find yourself easily attracted to the stone sculpture artworks carved by the winds and waves.
This trip cannot be fulfilled if you miss out the Bay of Two Colors, where the sea is a blend of yellow and blue. Ask your local guide to show you the spot where you can truly capture the phenomenon in all its beauty with the ocean backdrop.
- Pick up at your hotel lobby in central Taipei around 1:00 - 1:30 pm
- Jiufen Village
- Jinguashih Village
- Bitou Cape
- Nanya Rock formations
- Bay of Two Colors at Yin Yang sea
- Drop you off at the original location around 5:00 - 5:30 pm
- Air-conditioned transportation
- English-speaking guide
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Food and drinks
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.