9 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Melaka's history began in 1403 with the arrival of Parameswara, an exiled Hindu Prince from the Kingdom of Sri Vijaya in Sumatra. He assumed the title of Raja Iskandar when he embraced Islam and became the first ruler of this new kingdom which marked the early beginnings of the Sultanate of Melaka.
In time, Melaka gained prominence as a vibrant maritime trading center and was coveted by several foreign powers. The Portuguese led by Alfonso's Albuquerque conquered Melaka in 1511 and colonized it for 130 years. The Dutch then came in 1641 and ruled for 154 years. They were followed by the British in 1824 who ruled until the country gained its independence.
Keep your spirits high as we take you to explore fascinating spots around Malacca!
This itinerary can be customized to suit your preference.
Around 8:00 a.m., you will be picked up at your hotel.
Places of interest
- Porto de Santiago / A' Famosa built in 1511, the Gateway of the Portuguese fortress
- St. Paul's Church built in 1521, where St. Francis Xavier was once buried
- St. Peter's Church built in 1710, the oldest Christian Church still in use in Malaysia
- Stadhuys, built from 1641 to 1660, the pink colored Dutch administrative buildings
- Christ Church built in 1753, a well-preserved example of Dutch masonry
- Cheng Hong Teng built in 1645, the oldest known Chinese temple in the peninsula
- Kampung Kling Mosque, one of the oldest mosque in the country
- Hindu Vinayagar Temple built in 1781
- Jonker Street/Heeran Street, a place where you can buy antiques or gift
- Malacca River Mouth
- Maritime Museum, a Replica of the Flor de la Mar, a Portuguese vessel that sank off the Malacca Coast
- Portuguese Settlement, Sultans Well, Bukit China and Traditional Malay House
- Local lunch included
- Malacca Floating Masque
- Hang Tuah Village
- Malacca Sultanate Palace Museum
- Baba & Nyonya Heritage Museum
- Malacca River Cruise
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- English-speaking guide
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.