3 hours in total
Pick up at your hotel in central Siem Reap
What To Expect
The Tonle Sap is called the 'great lake' and is one of the two main topographical features of Cambodia. During the rainy season, it can swell from 3,000 square kilometers to 7500 square kilometers. Tonle Sap is also one of the world's richest sources of freshwater fish.
In this tour, we drive 30 minutes to the departure point at Chong Khneas village and cruise along a canal, past floating villages complete with schools, restaurants, and even a hospital. See fishing nets being mended, children swimming and playing, floating pigpens and even crocodile enclosures.
We continue through a section of mangroves and out onto the massive lake, past local fishermen and an amazing array of boats where we will stop at a floating fish and crocodile farm. The roof of this structure makes an excellent spot to take photos of the lake and the surrounding area. This journey provides a truly amazing look into a remarkable way of life.
- Pick you up from your hotel in central Siem Reap at around 7:30 - 8:30 am. Exact pickup time will be confirmed after reservation.
- Take a 30-minute drive to Tonle Sap lake.
- Boat on a cruise and start your visit Chong Khneas floating village.
- Pass through schools, restaurants, and other interesting local attractions.
- Stop at a floating fish and crocodile farm.
- Take you back to your hotel in central Siem Reap around 11 am.
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Boat cruise in Tonle Sap
- Entrance fee
- English-speaking guide
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.