8 hours in total
Transport, lunch included
Pick up at a meet-up point
What To Expect
You have the option to spend a half day or full day on the Great Barrier Reef at Fitzroy Island. It is only a 45-minute fast catamaran cruise from Cairns along the scenic coastline. On arrival you can hire hire snorkel gear with masks and fins, paddle skis and stand up paddle boards from our beach hut.
Fitzroy island is once part of mainland Australia. Over time fringing coral reefs have formed around the island, with an amazing range of marine life, hard and soft corals. As you are able to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef from right off the beach at Fitzroy Island, this is perfect for families or those learning how to snorkel, with a wide variety of corals and fish species only meters from the shore, with a picnic lunch included.
Plus Fitzroy Island has so much to do and explore for free.
With walks through the rainforest, swimming in the calm waters of Welcome Bay, seeing fish swarming underneath the jetty or building sandcastles at Nudey Beach.
When you check in at the Cairns Reef Fleet terminal, we will give you a map of the island showing the best snorkelling locations including those in Welcome Bay and world famous Nudey Beach.
- Pick up at Cairns Reef Fleet terminal at 9:00 am for a full day tour and 11:00 am for a half day tour
- Discover Fitzroy island
- Picnic lunch (optional)
- 04:00 pm: Depart from Fitzroy island
- You can hire snorkel gear, kayaks, stand up paddle boards once you are on the island from our Beach Hire hut
- You can choose hot or cold packed picnic lunch with dietary choice available
- Minimum age 8 years & minimum height 120cm
- Infants travel free but must be pre-booked
- Not suitable for anyone who has a medical conditions including but not limited to; back, neck or spinal injuries, current or past heart conditions, whiplash
- Seating and baggage restrictions apply
- Fast 45-minute transfer to Fitzroy Island aboard fast catamaran
- Ocean trampoline
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.