Explore the non touristy Mekong Delta with a local
8 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your place
What To Expect
The Mekong Delta is one of the most popular destinations in Vietnam due to its distinctly tropical vibe and relaxing ambiance. Every day, thousands of tourists visit the area, which makes it vulnerable to exploitation, however. Only those who are familiar with the region know how to avoid the chaos and get to the heart of this tropical gem while avoiding these crowds, and luckily for you, our local guides are one of those people.
Do you know that most daily activities in the Mekong Delta take place on the water? The great Mekong River runs through the delta with numerous canals and streams found throughout. These shapes the unique lifestyle here, as people live and trade on their boats.
From the moment you set foot on this land, you will feel a genuinely welcoming vibe from the local people. Due to the uniquely fertile geography, people here enjoy an abundant supply of food all year round, so generation after generation has developed an optimistic attitude and a distinctly laid-back lifestyle because of this. Despite Vietnam's fast economic development, their old way of life remains.
A bicycle ride around the village will give you a closer look at the local lifestyle here. You may see people napping in hammocks, children cycling to school, or hear the sound of a karaoke session echoing from some local house beneath the coconut trees.
If you are traveling with children, do not forget to stop by a local school and let them make their new friends; it would truly be an unforgettable experience.
So, is that all? Well, homemade meals, fruit harvesting, folk music, and countless amazing things are still waiting for you to explore, so let's hop on a tuk-tuk and start your adventure now!
The trip will usually start at around 7:00 a.m. Your local guide will pick you up at your preferred location in Ho Chi Minh City and begin your two-hour journey to the Mekong Delta.
- Visit coconut island and coconut workshops.
- Take a small rowboat to paddle along the small canals, where you can also see the locals going about their day.
- Visit local workshops where you can witness how the local products are made.
- Arrive at a local restaurant to enjoy your lunch.
- Take a rest, go kayaking or biking (Optional) along the countryside road to get to know the local lives.
Activities exclusive for the private tour:
- Homemade lunch at a local family's house.
- Immerse yourself in the greenery of the rice paddy field to see how crops are grown and harvest.
- Go fishing and learn how to cook local specialties with a local family.
- Meet a local family and learn more about the local culture through their house architecture and religious practices.
- Give way to some spontaneous discoveries, like a visit to a local school with your children, or play with python.
Around 4 p.m., start your journey back to Ho Chi Minh City, and say goodbye to your local guide at your preferred drop-off location.
- Pickup at your place: free in D1, D3. Other locations will be charged an extra fee.
- Air-conditioned transport.
- Experienced, English-speaking guide.
- All activities mentioned above.
- Entrance tickets.
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
There are two options: Small Group and Private tour. For both options, you can chat with your local guide and other people in your group even before the trip takes place.
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum of 8 people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.
What does my payment cover?
Your payment for this trip covers private transportation, a fluent, English-speaking guide, lunch, entrance fees, bottled water, fruit tasting, and all activities. Personal expenses such as extra food, drink, and tips are not included.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Cancellation is free if you cancel up to 48 hours before the trip date. We believe that this is the fairest way to ensure that both our travelers and local guides are happy.
Does the Small Group option still operate if there are less than 8 people signed up?
Yes, even if you are the only person who signs up for the trip on a given date, the tour will still take place.
Do you offer the Mekong Delta trip for multiple days?
Yes, we do. Please contact us for a more detailed arrangement at email@example.com.
My question is not listed here. What should I do?
Check our Frequently Asked Questions page or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help!