6 hours in total
Transport, lunch included
Pick up at a meeting point in Hoi An
What To Expect
The historic city of Hoi An gives way to beautiful rural landscapes on our half-day cycling adventure to the historic Cham ruins of My Son.
Our tour winds through from ancient Hoi An to the countryside, past small farms and villages following rural pathways and small roads hidden from most tourist routes.
With a refreshing snack and fresh fruit stop en-route, we cycle to the edge of the My Son site, boarding the electric busses mandated by UNESCO to protect the integrity of the temples.
The temples and towers of My Son were built by the Cham people, initially Hindu and later of Muslim faiths. The Cham Kingdom once dominated the region and was eventually conquered by the Vietnamese and Khmer. Descendants of the original tribes are now scattered throughout the region, mostly along inland waterways.
- 7:15 am: Meet at Grasshopper Adventures shop located up a small alleyway off Hai Ba Trung street
- Cycle along small and quiet alleyways we reach the riverfront of the historic district, long before crowds decend on the city
- Pedal through small villages, past family farms and rice fields to My Son
- Have a break with a traditional Banh Mi sandwich en route to My Son - UNESCO World Heritage site
- Explore the beautiful Cham ruins of My Son with expert guide
- Transfer back to Hoi An by a private van with a mid-way stop for a delicious lunch of local noodles
- 2:00 pm: Tour ends in a quiet spot for tea or coffee
- Discounts for children age 15 and under with kid bikes available, please contact us
- There are no hills on the 20-km itinerary so anyone can reasonably ride a bike can do the tour
- Tour operates every day
- English-speaking, professional cycle and tour guides
- Top quality merida & GT bikes
- Bike sizes for all ages, including kids
- Helmets meeting international standards
- Coffee or tea at snack stop
- Cold water in refillable bottles all tour
- Entrance fee at My Son
- Short lunch stop (local noodles) on the way back to Hoi An
What's not included
- Food or drinks not part of the itinerary
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.