9 hours in total
Water, transport included
Pick up at your hotel in Siem Reap
What To Expect
The temples of Angkor represent 600 years (802-1432) of Khmer civilization - one of Asia's greatest Kingdoms. In this trip, we will spend the whole day exploring the awesome temples of Angkor by Tuk Tuk.
The Angkor Wat was built in the 12th century and represents the Khmer civilization at its grandest. It is a massive three-tiered pyramid crowned by five lotus-like towers rising 65 meters from ground level. Angkor Wat is the centerpiece of any visit to the temples of Angkor.
Continue to visit the Angkor Thom, aka Big Angkor, the last capital of the Angkorian empire. The temple is surrounded by a 3km2 walled and moated royal city.
The Bayon temple features a sea of over 200 massive stone faces looking in all direction. The curious smiling faces, thought by many to be a portrait of King Jayavarman VII himself or a combination of him and Buddha, are an instantly recognizable image of Angkor. The Bayon is the only state temple at Angkor built primarily as a Mahayana Buddhist shrine dedicated to the Buddha.
Then explore the famous Terrace of the Leper King and the Terrace of Elephants.
Preah Khan was known as the 'Temple of the Sacred Sword', Preah Kahn was recently restored by the World Monument Fund. The temple of Preah Kahn is one of the largest complexes at Angkor.
Explore the maze-like interior of Ta Prohm. Ta Prohm is undoubtedly the most atmospheric and photogenic ruin at Angkor, with trees growing out of the ruins. Here you can still experience an India Jones moment and feel like an explorer.
Continue to see the sunset at Pre Rup temple, with beautifully carved false doors on the upper level as well as an excellent view of the surrounding countryside.
At the end of the day, return to your hotel after a long but fulfilling day. This trip will leave you with a lifetime of memories of one of the wonders of the world.
- 08:00 am: Depart your hotel by tuk-tuk (motorized trolley), and spend the whole day exploring the awesome temples of Angkor.
- Start with Angkor Wat, the world's largest sacred building, and an architectural masterpiece.
- Continue to visit the southern gate of Angkor Thom, flanked by a row of 54 stone figures on each side - gods to the left and demons to the right – and the fortified city of Angkor Thom.
- At Bayon temple, we see its beautifully crafted central towers, covered in more than 200 enormous faces.
- Then explore the famous Terrace of the Leper King and the Terrace of Elephants.
- After lunch and a rest break, we set out for Preah Khan temple.
- At the end of the day, we move on to the jungle-enveloped Ta Prohm.
- Continue to see the sunset at Pre Rup temple before returning to your hotel.
- Dress code is casual but shoulders and knees must be covered inside temples
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- English-speaking local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Temples entrance fee of USD 37
Plan your trip
- Customize itinerary to suit your preference
- Request now, pay later
- Direct chat with local guide before the trip
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.