Inspitrip’s Terms of Service
Last Updated: Sep, 2016
In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions. These terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the service. The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Inspitrip”, “We” and "Us", refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. By continuing to access or use our service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the service.
Inspitrip is an online platform that connects local people to foreign travellers. Our goal is to turn locals into travel guides who can offer foreign travellers an authentic and customised travel experience. We act purely as an intermediary and all contracts of sales are between the buyers (the traveller) and the sellers (the local insider).
Conditions of Use
You must be eighteen or over to register as a User. Children under eighteen years of age are prohibited from using our Site, Application and Services. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from persons under 18. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
You understand and agree that all text, graphics, music, sounds, videos, photographs, posts, messages, information, data, or other materials (“user content”) is the sole responsibility of the person with whom the user content originated. Therefore, you are responsible for all content that you post or transmit through or by means of the website. You agree that you will not use the website in any way to:
- post any content that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, harmful, or invasive of another's privacy;
- post any content that infringes or violates any party's copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or other proprietary right, including, but not limited to, using third party copyrighted materials without appropriate permission or attribution, using third party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, and using or distributing third party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
- post any worms, viruses, or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files, code, or programs;
- post any advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, spam, junk mail, or any other type of unsolicited mass e-mail to people or entities that have not agreed to be part of such mailings;
- impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; intentionally omit, delete, forge, or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return mailing, and internet protocol addresses; or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any user content transmitted;
- attack the character or damage the reputation of other users, name-call, insult, ridicule, mock, electronically stalk or otherwise harass another user;
- forward or post private messages that someone has sent you unless you have his/her written permission;
- select a screen name that is vulgar or obscene or that misrepresents you to other users;
- submit false or misleading information;
- use the site for any illegal purpose;
If you violate these guidelines your actions may result in; a warning, a suspension, or permanent banning from participation in the site. Banning is done at our discretion and is the result of our sole judgment of a user's demonstrated inability or disinclination to follow our guidelines.
If you choose to register for the service, you agree to provide and maintain true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the service’s registration form. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of our terms and conditions, which may result in immediate termination of your account. Inspitrip reserves the right to refuse registration of or cancel an account at its discretion. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not authorised to use the service.
You acknowledge further that Inspitrip, despite its best efforts to ensure quality and completeness, is not responsible for the accuracy of any user content posted. You understand and agree that you shall evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any user content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such user content.
Maintaining Look and Feel
In order to maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the website, we require users to provide user content that falls within the guidelines for each of the following:
- Profile photos: Also referred to as avatars or avatar photos, must clearly show the local insider's face. Examples include portrait, side-profile photos, close-up photos.
- Background photos: Must be a high definition photo that shows scenery related to your city or country. Examples include photos of landscape, major landmarks, hidden gems.
Inspitrip reserves the right to decline local insider profiles that do not meet these requirements. In the event that a photo on an existing profile does not match our guidelines.
Payment and pricing policy
“Tour fee” refers to the local insider’s rate multiplied by the number of booking hours.
“Booking fee” refers to the system fee which equals to $5.
“Administration fee” or “Commission” is fees used to maintain the website.
In order to maintain the website, we will charge a fixed booking fee from travellers and an administration fee from local insiders. These fees will be used not only to maintain the website, but also to cover for transaction fees charged by our online gateway provider when we receive online payments. Inspitrip currently charges 20% administration fee on the tour fee. Currently, we charge travellers a fixed booking fee of $5 on every transaction. Administration and booking fees will be monitored and revised regularly to ensure overall high quality of the website.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
If you wish to cancel or request a refund for a trip, please see Inspitrip’s Booking policies.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, INSPITRIP SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED, THAT (I) OUR SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATION, SERVICES AND COLLECTIVE CONTENT, YOUR BOOKING VIA THE SITE, APPLICATION AND SERVICES, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE REVIEW PROGRAM, AND ANY CONTACT YOU HAVE WITH OTHER USERS OF INSPITRIP WHETHER IN PERSON OR ONLINE REMAINS WITH YOU.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT INSPITRIP, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM TAKING PART IN ANY SERVICE ORGANISED THROUGH THE SITE. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM OUR SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE TOUR GUIDES PRESENTED TO YOU, THROUGH THE USE OF THE WESBITE, ARE INDEPENDANT CONTRACTORS WHO ARE NOT EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS OF INSPITRIP. FURTHERMORE, INSPITRIP WILL, TO THE BEST OF ITS ABILITY, COLLECT RELEVANT DATA, SCREEN APPLICANTS AND OBTAIN BACKGROUND INFORMATION OF THE LOCAL INSIDER, BUT HAS NO DIRECT INVOLVEMENT IN THE ACTUAL SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE GUIDE. INSPITRIP WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY IN REGARDS TO THE QUALITY, TIMELINESS, LEGALITIES, RISKS OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THE SERVICE.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING UP TO BECOME A LOCAL INSIDER, YOU TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE YOUR SERVICE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW.
You agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold Inspitrip and its affiliates, and their officers, directors and employees, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of the site, application or service;(b) your member content; (c) your interaction with any member or tour guide.