9 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
As this is a private tour, you can choose your desired starting point and time. For most travelers, this will be the lobby of your downtown Shanghai hotel at 9:30am.
- Relax on the 90-minute drive to the ancient water village of Zhujiajiao as you leave the metropolis and transition from urban to rural China. With centuries of history, Zhujiajiao is famous for its scenic bridges and charismatic alleyways as well as its local snacks and rice wine: it flourished during the Ming and Qing dynasty, and many of its weathered stone buildings date back to that era.
- As you walk along the narrow streets, you'll visit traditional buildings, old shops, and unique food and handicraft stalls. You'll be amazed at the ancient architecture, including the 16th-century Fangsheng Bridge with its five arches, and watery vistas. Along the way, you'll sample local delicacies such as zongzi (sticky rice dumplings), zharou (square bamboo-wrapped steamed pork), unique alcohols from the region and other snacks.
- Take to the river for a hand-poled gondola ride. It's the perfect way to experience how local residents traveled for hundreds of years and get an insight into the movement of people and goods that made this little town so prosperous. You can still see Zhujiajiao's inhabitants going about their business by the water.
- You'll have lunch nearby water at a classic, time-honored restaurant. Your guide will explain the details of local cuisine as you enjoy an authentic flavor while enjoying the picturesque water view. Or you may like to have the most famous-Soup Dumplings back in the city, our guide will tell you how to eat it perfectly.
- After lunch, you'll travel to the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the symbol of Shanghai. Especially the 360 degrees of transparent glass skywalk that will make you go "wow!" And the Shanghai History Museum, located in the zero meter hall of Pearl TV Tower, is waiting to tell you more about Shanghai's past, current, and future.
- Your last stop will be a visit to the famous Jade Buddha temple to learn about the history and tradition of Buddhism in this 100's year-old serene temple with beautiful jade Buddha's.
You'll be back at your hotel (or your chosen downtown Shanghai destination) by 5:30 pm, or nine hours after you began.
- 09:30 am: Pick up from your hotel lobby in central Shanghai. Greet your local guide and start your 1-hour drive to the ancient water village of Zhujiajiao.
- Visit the traditional buildings, old shops, unique food and handicraft stalls.
- Sample local delicacies such as sticky rice dumplings, square bamboo-wrap steamed pork and unique alcohols from the region.
- Explore the amazing ancient Qing dynasty water town of Zhujiajiao with its historic bridges, arches viewing classic homes nestling on 1000-year-old canals from a gondola ride.
- Enjoy a decent lunch nearby water at a classic, time-honored restaurant.
- Head back to Shanghai for a unique cultural experience.
- Arrive at Mrs. Wang's artist workshop to join a traditional tea ceremony and dress in traditional Chinese clothes with an ancient backdrop for the perfect pictures.
- Try your hand at the historic art of Calligraphy
- 05:30 pm: Transfer back to your hotel and conclude the tour after 9 hours.
- This private tour is perfectly designed for a private group of 4 people. Please contact us for group over 4.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in central Shanghai
- Air-conditioned minivan with experienced driver
- Private English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Gondola ride
- Local delicacies
- Bottled water
- Calligraphy and fan painting
What's not included
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Customize itinerary to suit your preference
- Request now, pay later
- Direct chat with local guide before the trip
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.