12 hours in total
Pick up at a meet-up point
What To Expect
The Wilsons Promontory or the "Prom" is undoubtedly being one of Australia's best-kept secrets! Join our Wilsons Promontory day trip from Melbourne and find yourself strolling along spectacular walking tracks, taking in panoramic views overlooking pristine white beaches and coastal forests! The Prom is home to an abundance of local wildlife, so don't be surprised to see up close the kangaroos, wombats, emus, and native Australian birds on our tour!
Our Wilsons Promontory day tour is all about wildlife, bushwalking, and stunning scenery! Wilsons Promontory National Park, or 'The Prom', as locally known, is the southernmost point of mainland Australia which contains the largest coastal wilderness area in Victoria. Surrounded by a protected marine national park, it is a nature lover's paradise!
We spend a total of three to four hours bushwalking and following spectacular walking tracks in the national park. We walk the short but gorgeous Lilly Pilly Gully rainforest walk and check out Tidal River. We step up our game with the Mt. Oberon summit walk, where you're treated to picture-perfect views from the top. Finally, we take on Mt. Bishop, a rugged and steep track to the summit with mind-blowing views.
We have a stop at Squeaky Beach, where the quartz sand really does squeak as you stroll between rolling surf and windswept vegetation. Besides it being fun to walk on, the beach is stunning with white sand, crystal-clear water, and awesome rock formations! On these scenic trails, we may come across kangaroos, wallabies, emus, wombats, and many other Aussie native birds so keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready!
The simple pleasure of being outdoors can be found in this national park, come and take in the breathtaking and wild beauty of the Prom on our guided day tour by Inspitrip!
- 07:00 AM - 07:15 AM: Pick up from a designated meeting point in central Melbourne. Exact meeting location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Meet your local guide and start your day trip to Wilsons Promontory.
- See up close and personal with the Prom's diverse wildlife including emus, kangaroo, and many other native species living in their natural habitat.
- Take a guided bushwalking adventure into the rainforest to experience the amazing landscapes of Victoria's best vistas.
- Hike through some of the spectacular tracks such as Mt. Bishop, Vereker Outlook or Pillar Point to get the panoramic view over the national park.
- Visit Squeaky Beach, one of Australia's most famous beaches.
- Admire the Giant Rock to see the giant granite formations.
- Journey to the Tidal River to learn more about its extraordinary national park.
- Hike Lilly Pilly Gully, Mt. Oberon Summit, and Mt. Bishop to get the stunning summit views.
- 07:30 PM: Transfer back to Melbourne and conclude the tour at the original meeting point.
- We depart to stunning Wilsons Prom every Wednesday and Saturday, also Friday in summer! Please send us a direct message for detailed information!
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the warm and cold condition, comfortable shoes for walking as well as sunscreen, bottled water, and insect repellent, etc.
- A medium level of fitness for this natural based-walking tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a meeting point in central Melbourne
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned car
- National Park entry fees
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
- Join a small group of maximum 10 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.