Skip the line and save time
Countless cultural experiences
REX Hotel Saigon
What To Expect
Water Puppet Show is one of the most popular cultural art of Viet Nam. It will not be a lie that not just visitors but the locals are curious about the unique show in Ho Chi Minh City. People tend to buy an online ticket because it takes less time for them to get the best seats with the best price. This is an opportunity for you to discover an ancient art performance which has been well-preserved over many years. There is one show daily operated at 19:00 in the evening. Every show has its duration of one hour, including an open short traditional dance and a main act of the water puppet show.
Although Ho Chi Minh City is not the cradle of this art performance, it is still a place where water puppet show has been gradually operating and developing for centuries. Dating back to the 10th century, Water Puppet show is a kind of folk art commonly telling about the daily life of the Red River Delta in Viet Nam. It is also a must-see traditional performance that visitors do not want to ignore. Apart from Golden Dragon Theater, Rex Hotel is also your good choice to see a live show of Water Puppet in a unique way in Ho Chi Minh City.
Water Puppet Show draws very much attention of all-age visitors, especially foreigners who are curious about Vietnamese idyllic specialty. We know you are wondering how the show can bring excitement, thus we sum up some of its highlights here. Hope it will give you a clear image of what you are going to see.
Entrance ticket offers you a chance to enjoy a short traditional music performance at the beginning then loads of interesting scenes of wooden puppets acting on the water stage. Unlike the common play, colorful wooden puppets are main characters instead of humans who particularly stand behind a massive bamboo screen to control the puppets' movements by rods throughout the show. This is not an easy job because skilled puppeteers have to sink a half of their body under water no matter how the hot or cold weather is, and pay much attention to keeping their partners moving smoothly on music. Imagine that effortless wooden puppets suddenly turning more active and spiritual to dance on the backyard's supports certainly make a pleasure to the audiences' eyes.
The high spot is authentic traditional instruments, like flute and drum that are played by local musicians positioned on one side of the stage. When putting on graceful folk customs like Ao Dai or four-panel dress, the musicians concentrate on working with their team to create live sound, melody and even cry that thoroughly match with the puppets' gestures. It can't be denied that the orchestra is a dispensable key to the success of the show.
The puppet show is one of the most typical classical arts in Viet Nam. The delight of the show comes from Vietnamese creation and intelligence. Depicting the folklore, culture and historic legend, the puppets in forms of human, dragons, boats, and ornaments appears to tell many interesting and meaningful stories by the Vietnamese language. Each screen turns up with a different appearance.
Located in the center of Ho Chi Minh City, Rex Hotel is one of the most luxurious rest places, not only featuring its Asian classical architecture but nightly serving traditional performance right in its campus. If you are considering the rest stop in Sai Gon for your travel days, Rex Hotel will be your good choice because of the convenience provided. Experiencing the high-class hotel services and the folk entertainment at just one place obviously saves much time. With a quick click here, you will be delivered an entrance ticket without standing in line at the office box.
- Immerse yourself in one of the most popular traditional art show at a 5-star hotel.
- See how puppeteers master their professional techniques to control the colorful puppets.
- Learn more about Vietnamese folk culture - a national intangible cultural heritage of Vietnam.
- Place: REX Hotel, 141 Nguyen Hue Street, Ben Thanh Ward, D1, HCMC, Vietnam.
- Time: 19:00 (daily).
- Duration: 50 minutes/show.
- Your ticket is booked online via Inspitrip website.
- The ticket will be delivered 20 minutes before the show time.
- If you have any request, please contact us for assistance.
- Entrance ticket to the Water Puppet Show at REX Hotel
What's not included
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
Does the Small Group option still operate if there are less than the maximum number of people signed up?
My question is not listed here. What should I do?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.