9 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel in D1
What To Expect
Located in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, approximately 110 km east of Ho Chi Minh City, Long Tan Cross marks the site of the Battle of Long Tan which took place on 18 August 1966. This was the most costly Australian battle of the war with the loss of 18 Australian soldiers. Nui Dat SAS Hill was the former site of Australia's Nui Dat Task Force Base.
In the morning, you will be picked up at your hotel for the 2.5 hours drive to Vung Tau. On arrival, you will visit Long Tan Cross, Horse Shoe and then Long Phuoc Tunnels (the former local stronghold of Vietnamese revolutionary fighters). After a lunch at a local restaurant, the tour continues with the visit of Nui Dat (SAS Hill) before returning to Ho Chi Minh City in the afternoon.
- 07:30 - 8:00 am: Pick you up from your hotel in District 1, HCMC. Meet your local guide and start your full-day historic tour in Vung Tau port city.
- Visit the Long Tan Cross and the Horse Shoe.
- Explore Long Phuoc Tunnels.
- Have lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit Nui Dat battlefield.
- 03:30 pm: Drive back to Ho Chi Minh City.
- 05:00 pm: Transfer back to your hotel and conclude the tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in District 1, HCMC
- Air-conditioned minivan
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Water and wet tissue
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Taxes and service charges
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.