4 hours in total
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Chiang Mai is probably the most well-known city in Thailand where old traditions and rich cultures still remain to be seen today. Local people have often been recognized for their gift of the country.
Sankampang road has become a living display of elaborate design proof of perseverance in handicrafts. Shopaholics are often thrilled by many outlets along the Chiang Mai-Sankampaeng Road, particularly because you can wander around the workshops and watch the craftsmen at work. Shops, showrooms, and factories extend along a 9km trip.
Each factory specializes in one craft and it is possible to see demonstrations of artisans and craftsmen at work. So don't miss this opportunity to discover the making of Thai Silk, celadon, wood carving, sterling silver, lacquerware, jewelry, sa paper, umbrellas and much more. Visiting Sankampaeng Village will offer you a great opportunity to own high quality crafts and handmade products while saving your money.
Let's embark on this tour and discover these beautiful skills passed down for generations!
- 8:30 am: Pick up at your hotel in central Chiang Mai.
- Visit the famous Sankampaeng handicraft village where a variety of souvenirs and high-quality handicrafts are produced.
- Watch the full process of the production and get some local goods at local prices.
- Visit the famous Thai Silk shop to see the colorful paper umbrellas called Sa Paper.
- See the process of Teakwood transforms into elegant furniture with delicate wood carvings
- Silverware, lacquerware, traditional local products, antiques from Myanmar and more.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in central Chiang Mai.
- Air-conditioned coach
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Food and drinks
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.