3 hours in total
Offered in English
Meetup at a desingated location
What To Expect
Everyone talks about Vietnamese food, but seldom what comes right after - Vietnamese dessert. They hold a special place on a locals' palate and so should it on every traveler'. Distinct textures and flavors will delight as you savor the sweet side of Vietnamese cuisine.
Come and join our host, Ms. Oanh and her daughter in their house which is also where they prepare and desserts for hundreds of customers daily. Running a small delivery business, Ms. Oanh and her daughter deliver desserts from schools, to office buildings to households around Hanoi. Join us in this delightful experience and add a little sweetness to your Hanoian experience.
Bánh trôi nước (“cake floats in water”) is a little sugary ball of sticky rice – often shaped like birds' eggs – with 2 different kind: a green-bean-paste and a black-sesame- paste in the center. This dessert is one of the most popular traditional Vietnamese food consisting of balls made from green bean paste wrapped in a shell made of glutinous rice flour. The balls are served in a thick, sweet clear or brown liquid made of water, sugar, and grated ginger root. It sounds quite difficult but actually, the process is not hard at all. When visiting the family with a quite famous history of making floating cake from such a long time, you will be definitely surprised by how they were made. Starting from the very first step of preparation like cooking green bean and dried fry sesame to the final completed bowl, you will get an idea how traditional desserts were made in such a simple way.
Coming to her family and do the preparations with her, you will know how amazing these traditional sweet foods are and how they could be transformed into different types.
- The workshop is opened from Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Please choose one of these following class hours.
- 08:00 AM
- 09:00 AM
- 10:00 PM
- Exact location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Professional English-speaking teacher
What's not included
- Pick-up and drop-off services
- 7% service fee
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.