4 hours in total
Offered in English
Meetup at a desingated location
What To Expect
The Vietnamese hat, or locally, Non-La, is a quintessential Vietnamese icon. Recognizable at one glance, the conical shape of the hat has been in use for centuries, from farmers to laborers to ordinary men and women who use it for the utilitarian purpose it serves - protection from either rain or shine. It is also fashionable! Made from simple materials such as palm leaves, the bark of the Moc tree and bamboo it is surprising that it is durable and sturdy, which makes Non-La a great souvenir to take home.
Join us at our traditional Vietnamese conical workshop where you will learn how to make your very own Non-La. Your local host, one of the thousands of women that make a living selling Non-La to travelers, will guide you in order to create your own Vietnamese Hat. You can finally own that special headwear and say goodbye to unwanted tans! :)
Note: Normally original Vietnamese conical hat has 16 rounds, however, it takes very long for a beginner to make it, so at our workshop, we will make a smaller version of 14 rounds or less.
- The workshop is opened every day.
- The class starts at 09:00 AM.
- Exact location will be confirmed after reservation.
- The workshop is available with minimum 2 participants.
- Professional English-speaking teacher
- Products to bring home
- Tea and coffee
What's not included
- Pick-up and drop-off services
- 7% service fee
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.