2 days in total
Meals, round-trip transport included
Pick up at your place in Hanoi
What To Expect
Experience all four seasons in a single day in the amazing town of Sapa! Fresh spring air at sunrise, cool autumn breezes in the morning, then warm summer days before chilly winter nights. This northwestern town, near the majestic Hoang Lien Son mountain, is famous for its breathtaking landscapes and interesting climate. It's also home to local hill-tribe people of different ethnic minorities whose diverse cultures you will experience first-hand throughout the trip.
Due to its reputation, Sapa has become the biggest tourist center in the northwest of Vietnam. In Sapa town, thousands of tourists from all over the world gather, hoping to experience the photographed perfection themselves. With the help of your knowledgeable local guide, you will be able to get off the beaten path and discover the real charm of Sapa in just 2 days.
A short trek on your first day will take you to a lovely village of Cat Cat, situated near the foot of Fansipan - the highest peak of Vietnam. Catch a glimpse of the local daily life, then trek down to visit a hidden waterfall and a hydraulic power station built by the French during the early 1900s.
Fascinated with the local hill-tribe people? Walk along the beautiful Muong Hoa stream to the Black H'mong village in Lao Chai. Black H'mong is one of the biggest minority groups in Sapa. You will also get to visit Ta Van, home of the Dzay people, a fairly small minority group of about 38.000 people. Don't miss the chance to learn the diffences in their traditional customs and house architecture!
There's a fair amount of travel by foot, but surrounded by such spectacular views, you'll find yourself getting lost in the beauty of this heavenly place. Allow yourself to truly be immersed and experience everything around you, our guide will be there for you to ensure you have an unforgettable time!
The trip will start around 6:30 a.m. Your local guide can pick you up at your place of stay in Hanoi.
Day 1: Hanoi - Sapa - Cat Cat village (lunch & dinner included)
6:30 a.m.: Drive from Hanoi to Sapa with 2 comfort breaks in Lao Cai city.
1:00 p.m.: Arrive in Sapa town.
- Enjoy lunch with local Vietnamese dishes.
- Hotel check-in procedure.
- Itinerary briefing.
2:30 p.m: Take a short drive to Cat Cat village and begin your first trek here.
- Learn about the local life, visit a waterfall and a French-built hydraulic power station.
- Trekking distance is about 2.5 km, which takes about 2 hours.
5:00 p.m.: Return to Sapa.
- Have dinner with local Vietnamese dishes.
- Stay overnight in hotel with night activities, free and easy on your own.
Day 2: Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Sapa - Hanoi (breakfast & lunch included)
7:00 a.m.: Have breakfast at hotel and prepare for trekking.
9:00 a.m.: Take a short drive to Y Linh Ho and begin your trek.
- See the rice terraces
- Walk along Muong Hoa stream to Lao Chai, home of the Black H'mong.
- Head to Ta Van village, home of the Dzay.
- Enjoy the spectacular landscape of Hoang Lien Son Mountain.
- Trekking distance is about 12 km, which takes about 5 hours.
2:30 p.m.: Return to your car at Ta Van bridge and head back to Sapa.
3:00 p.m.: Take a rest and shower at hotel.
3:30 p.m.: Get on bus to go back to Hanoi with 2 comfort breaks.
Around 9:30 p.m., you will be dropped off at your hotel. Say goodbye to your guide and new travel buddies!
- An overnight stay at a 3-star hotel.
- Meals/person: 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast with local dishes.
- Modern air-conditioned coach with comfortable seats and experienced drivers.
- 2 bottles of water for each person.
- All entrance tickets.
- Pickup and drop-off at your place in Hanoi.
- Experienced, English-speaking guide.
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum of 10 people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.