4.5 hours in total
All dishes included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Sweep back the curtains and explore behind-the-scenes with an intimate small-group Backstage Tour. Breakfast in the exclusive domain of our performers, journey through rehearsal spaces not open to the public, and be tantalised with insider secrets from our expert guides.
- The Opening Act – start the day like a VIP
Meet at Stage Door for this backstage experience, and join an intimate group to begin your exploration. Get ready to see first-hand what it's like inside the halls, explore inside a dressing room and hear insider stories and secrets from your tour guide along the way.
- The Real Story – as Much Drama Back-stage as On-stage
Relish the opportunity to get a glimpse into the demanding, passionate, dramatic (and sometimes scandalous) world of our performers – as our guides impart the stories and insider secrets of what really happens behind the curtain.
- A Grand Finale – the Inner-Workings of a Living House
From pulleys to props, sequins to sound-checks, we take you through nooks and crannies not known to the public. Discover what makes the Sydney Opera House both a world-renown icon and a world-class performance venue. Complete the experience with a delicious, hot breakfast in the Green Room - the exclusive domain of our crew and performers.
- Maximum of 12 people
- Children under the age of 10 are not able to take part in the tour.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Meeting point: Stage door
- Meeting time: 6:45 a.m.
- Where possible, please do not bring bags to the Sydney Opera House. Bags larger than A4 size will need to be cloaked before you can go on the tour.
- Cameras are allowed on the tour.
- Mobile phones are permitted on the tour however please ensure they are switched off or on silent for the duration of the tour.
- Flat, enclosed, rubber-soled shoes must be worn or patrons may be refused entry on the tour.