4 hours in total
Pickup at your accommodation
What To Expect
Hue city is not only famous for the well-known Citadels, royal tombs, Truong Tien Bridge and the Perfume river but also the delectable traditional dishes that are hard to replicate. Our best Hue food walking tour will take you to explore the beauty of Hue city through experiencing the culinary art of Hue and taste Hue street foods.
The local guide will pick you up at your hotel and start the food walking tour. Make your first stop at Dong Ba market, the busiest market in Hue city. On the way to the market, we will have a chance to cross Truong Tien bridge, crossing Huong river and creating a special symbol of Hue city.
Upon your arrival at Dong Ba market, you can see how people sell and buy the daily food, and try most of the ingredients used in making almost all the Hue specialty dishes and fresh local fruits. After trying local snacks and buying some souvenirs, we will go to some local shops to sit and enjoy the best local dishes of Hue.
After a series of meals, we will get back to the other river bank and tour around the city for a while. Then, you will have a chance to enjoy Vietnamese coffee and listen to some stories about it.
After enjoying coffee, the guide takes you back to your hotel and end your culinary journey in this beautiful city.
- Visit Dong Ba market, the busiest local market in Hue city
- Cross Truong Tien bridge, marvel at the serene beauty of the Perfume River
- Arrive at Dong Ba market to see local trading activities, and try most of the ingredients used in making almost all the Hue specialty dishes and fresh local fruits
- Go to some local shops to taste the best local dishes of Hue
- Back to the other river bank and tour around the city for a while
- Sample Vietnamese coffee and listen to some stories about it
- After enjoying coffee, the guide takes you back to your hotel
*If you take the tour in the evening, we will stop at the walking night market and enjoy some other local street food while walking around.
- Bun Bo Hue – Hue Beef Vermicelli Soup
- *Bun Thit Nuong – Grilled Pork Vermicelli
- Banh Beo – Steamed Rice Discs Topped with Shrimp
- Banh Loc – Filtered Tapioca Dumplings
- Banh Ram It – Fried dumpling topped with Sticky Rice Dumpling
- Nem Lui – Grilled Ground Pork on Stick
- Banh Uot – Grilled Pork Wrapped with Hue Wet Rice Paper
- Banh Khoai – Hue Fried Pancake
- Che – Sweet Soup
- Me Xung – Sesame candy
- Trai Cay – Hue Seasonal Fruits
- **Coffee Viet – black or with condensed milk
*Choose either Bun Bo Hue or Bun Thit Nuong. The menu will include only one of them.
**Choose either coffee, local drinks or beer.
- Let us know if you have any food allergies or food intolerance before the tour starts.
- Start and finish time:
+ 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
+ 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm
+ 5.00 pm – 9.00 pm
- English-speaking guide
- A bottle of water
- Umbrella (in case of rain)
- All the food listed above
What's not included
- Personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum of 10 people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.
- Standard group tour: operates with a maximum of 25 people. If you are a budget traveler, this is the best option for you. Payment method is similar as the Small Group option.