13 hours in total
Lunch, train tickets, transports included
Pick up at your hotel in central Taipei
What To Expect
Known as the Grand Canyon of Asia, the Great Taroko Gorge is a geological masterpiece, with views and scenery that will take your breath away. This one-day excursion will take you on a 13-hour tour from Taipei city, an extraordinary adventure to explore sheer marble cliffs, glorious caves and learn about the aboriginal cultures of Taiwan.
You will be picked up from your hotel in central Taipei and guided to catch your express train bound for Hualien. On the way to Taroko National Park, you will encounter beautiful landscape and learn more about the top attractions in Taiwan from your local guide.
Upon arrival, your local guide will take you through spectacular mountains and marble canyons. Along the Liwu River, the prosperity of flora and fauna and the beautiful waterfalls will give countless opportunities for photos.
You will get to walk through impressive mountain tunnels to reach the Eternal Spring Shrine, in which small temples were built to commemorate the Taiwanese laborers who lost their lives during the construction of the tunnels.
To really grasp the full scale of the Taroko Gorge, pay a visit to the Swallow caves (Swallow grottos) where you will stumble upon the most gorgeous view of the canyon. You will be able to see a network of intricate caves and a swiftly flowing river under your foot.
Hualien Stone Sculpture Museum is another must-go attraction during this trip. Here you will learn more about the unique cultures of Hualien. You will pass by a spacious recreational area, library, performance hall, a cultural relic hall, as well as various stone sculpture artworks inspired by Taiwanese ancient cultures.
After leaving the museum, you will get to stop by Chi Hsing or Qixing beach, where the mountains meet the sea. Your local guide will make sure that you can catch the stunning view of the long trail which hugs the coastline and natural pavilions dotted along it.
- Pickup from your hotel in central Taipei
- Transfer to Taipei Railway station
- Board on the train to Hualien
- Take a bus from Hualien Railway station to Taroko Gorge
- Visit Eternal Spring Shrine
- Walk through the Swallow grottos
- Stop by Tienhsiang Lodge
- Enjoy a panoramic view of Qixing beach
- Visit Hualien Stone Sculpture Museum
- Return to Taipei by train
- Drop you off at your hotel in central Taipei
- Round trip train tickets Taipei - Hualien
- All transports mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees
- English speaking guide
What's not included
- Drinks and additional food
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.