3 hours in total
Food & drink included
Pick up at a meet-up point
What To Expect
The tour starts near Laoximen Metro line, we'll walk through the Old Town and explore tasty dishes that the city has to offer.
While walking along the tour route in Shanghai's Old Town, you'll see how locals live and eat in some of the city's oldest neighbourhoods – before the wrecking ball turns this area into high-rise apartment buildings. This tour is a raucous good time that offers the largest sampling of food and drinks of any of our tours.
Whether it's cracking spicy crawfish with plastic gloves on or seeing a water snake's final moments, you'll love this feast for the eyes and the mouth.
Enjoy the cumin-laced flavors of the farflung Western province of Xinjiang. The Muslim minority there specializes in lamb kebabs, and an excellent diced noodle dish with an onomatopoeic name.
Wash it all down with baijiu – you've never had anything quite like this before. Plus get sauced on the local beers with your new foodie friends.
- 06:00 pm: Pick up from a designated meeting point in central Shanghai. Exact location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Explore the Old Town.
- Sample China's best regional cuisines.
- Get a glimpse into the dynamic trading activities of the locals.
- Dine at unique neighborhood restaurants.
- Discover the cuisine of China's Uighur Minority.
- Try the world's most consumed liquor - baijiu.
- 09:00 pm: Conclude the tour and transfer back to the orginated meeting point.
- Experienced English speaking guide
- + 15 Food tastings
- Chinese craft beer, liquor
- Soft drinks & bottled water.
What's not included
- Pick-up and drop-off from and to your hotel
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Join a small group of maximum 8 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.