6 hours in total
Pick up at a meet-up location
What To Expect
This experience is perfect for those who naturally rise in the early morning, or for those who just want to have a unique experience and don't mind getting up early for it. Can also be an amazing way to take advantage of your jet lag!
We start at the world famous Fushimi Inari Shrine and what a special time to see this amazing place. There are thousands of red gates which line the path up the hillside. With the low early light casting long shadows here we can get some truly fantastic photos before all the crowds arrive.
Next, we make our way to Kiyomizu Temple where we can see the amazing World Heritage temple and #1 temple in Japan before the busses start to unload. This is a magical time to see the amazing temple complex and get a view of the city coming to life below us. A rare treat, as this temple opens so early for our enjoyment.
We then make the journey across town to Arashiyama where we get to see the beautiful bamboo grove which if we are lucky will still be relatively quiet and great for getting some fantastic photos to cherish for a lifetime.
Before leaving Arashiyama, if we have time, we make a visit to one of the most beautiful zen temples in Kyoto, Tenryuji Temple a world heritage site with a radiant garden. This is truly a special place to draw a close to the tour.
Along the way, we give you insights about Buddhism, Japanese garden design, history and more. We are also happy to help you with any questions you have about Kyoto or Japan and can even help you plan your days ahead.
Make the most of your limited time in Kyoto and get up early to beat the crowds and get epic photos to last a lifetime. It's definitely worth getting out of bed for!!
- 06:30 am: Pick up from a meeting point in central Kyoto. Exact meeting location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Meet your local guide and start your early morning exploring all the highlights of Kyoto.
- See the beauty of Fushimi Inari Shrine and its thousands of red gates.
- Visit Kyomizu dera - the famous temple in Japan.
- Stroll through the bamboo grove in Arashimaya, one of the most beautiful places in Kyoto.
- Visit Tenryuji Temple - a world heritage site with a radiant garden.
- 10:00 am: Return to the city center and conclude the tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a designated meeting point in Kyoto
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the temples
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Lunch and drinks
Plan your trip
Still have question?
My question is not listed here. What should I do?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.