8 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
This private tour normally starts at 9:30 am, but the starting time is flexible. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel or another centrally located meeting point to start this 8-hour Qibao and Offbeat Shanghai Tour.
- First, you'll head to Qibao Ancient Town. A local saying: If you want to see decades of Shanghai, you should go to visit Pudong area; If you want to see hundreds of years of Shanghai, you should go to visit The Bund; If you want to know a thousand years of history of Shanghai, you'd better visit QiBao Ancient Town. Here you'll also explore Qibao Old Street and select from a wide variety of local, famous dishes for lunch. You'll continue after lunch to explore the historic streets and alleys of this old town.
- Then, you'll head to People's Park or Fuxing Park based on your tour date since our goal is to show a unique side of Shanghai culture and daily life. You'll see the famous marriage-matching market, where parents and grandparents come to pair off their unwed children or during the week you might see citizens exercising, square dancing, or even singing opera. You can even join them if you like.
- From here it's a short walk to the bizarre Shanghai Bird and Insect market where you'll see a wide range of exotic birds and Chinese insect. It is an ideal place allow you to feel locals daily life and space! The walnut core, the crickets, the cats, the turtles, and the different weird food for those insects, and so many different types of beautiful flowers, it is just right for a visit to have some special tour experience.
- The Propaganda Museum is next to where you'll explore part of China's history during the peak days of communist ideology and how the government communicated to our people. This is the only one of its kind in China, and this shows part of China's recent hidden history.
- After the tour is complete, your guide will accompany you back to your hotel.
- 09:30 am: Pick up from your hotel in central Shanghai. Greet your local guide and start your full-day Qibao Ancient Town and offbeat Shanghai city tour.
- Head to Qibao Ancient Town. It's just a metro ride away from central Shanghai.
- Enjoy a variety of local delicacies.
- Visit People's Park or Fuxing Park to see the marriage-matching market or local people exercising, square dancing or even opera singing during the week.
- You'll soak in 1000 years of history with its ancient streets and homes.
- See a wide range of exotic birds and Chinese insects in Shanghai Bird and Insect market.
- Explore part of China's history during the peak days of communist ideology at the Propaganda Museum.
- 06:00 pm: Conclude the tour and transfer back to your hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in central Shanghai
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Private air-conditioned coach
What's not included
- Other personal expenses
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Plan your trip
- Customize itinerary to suit your preference
- Request now, pay later
- Direct chat with local guide before the trip
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.