12 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Enjoy your private convenient transportation from your Shanghai hotel to the train station by car, and then take a bullet train for an hour and half to Hangzhou. Meet your guide at the station, and then depart for West Lake, the most prominent symbol of the city. This gorgeous lake, surrounded by traditional Chinese gardens and architecture, has inspired the relationship between humanity and nature in the design of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean gardens over many centuries.
After having lunch at a local restaurant, your guide takes you to Lingyin Temple, the most famous temple in the city, literally translated to mean "Temple of the Soul's Retreat." It's one of the biggest Buddhist temples in China and features many pagodas, Buddhist grottoes, and religious rock carvings presented in a gorgeous natural setting. After spending time at the temple, your driver returns you to the train station, zip back to Shanghai, and take a taxi back to your hotel.
- 08:00 am: Pick up from your hotel in central Shanghai and transfer to the train station by car. Enjoy a 1.5-hour bullet train ride to Hangzhou.
- Meet your guide at the train station and depart for the West Lake, the most prominent symbol of the city.
- Enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit the Lingyin Temple (also known as the Temple of Soul's Retreat), the most famous ancient temple in the city and is one of the biggest Buddhist temples of China.
- Spend some time exploring the temple and its surroundings before transferring back to the train station with your driver.
- Take the bullet train back to Shanghai and then return to your hotel by car.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in central Shanghai
- Private air-conditioned coach
- Experienced English-speaking guide in Hangzhou
- Entrance fees
- Round-trip bullet train ticket
What's not included
- Other personal expenses
- Other food and drinks
Plan your trip
- Customize itinerary to suit your preference
- Request now, pay later
- Direct chat with local guide before the trip
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.