5 hours in total
Pick up at a meet-up location
What To Expect
Kyoto has so many rich offerings with countless gardens and temples of great beauty it's hard to know where to start.
You will get to learn about the samurai, Shinto and Buddhist beliefs and zen garden design even taking a glimpse into the life of the geisha.
Make the most of your precious time in Kyoto with your knowledgeable guide who knows the most pleasant way to safely get from place to place.
We love showing people around our favorite city in the world. We look forward to exploring Kyoto with you.
- 09:45 am: Pick up from a meeting point in central Kyoto. Exact meeting location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Meet your local guide and start your private bike tour exploring the best of Kyoto.
- Ride through the most popular attractions of the city and learn more about the historical and cultural backgrounds of the sites from your local guide.
- 04:00 pm: Return to the city, transfer back to your hotel and conclude the tour.
- Please choose from our three most popular routes or customize your own adventure after joining in the group chat with your local guide:
- Westside bike tour: Kitano-tenmangu ancient shrine - Kamishichiken geisha district - Kinkakuji the Golden Pavilion - Ryoan-Ji the most famous rock garden in Japan.
- Eastside bike tour: Heian shrine spectacular garden - Ginkakuji the Silver Pavilion - the Path of Psychology - Nanzen-Ji temple grounds - Gion district.
- Southside bike tour: Sanjusangendo the 1001 Kannon statues - Tofukuji zen garden - Fushimi Inari the tunnel of red gates - Miyagawa cho geisha district.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a designated meeting point in Kyoto
- Bike rental
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees to two temples or gardens
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Food and drinks
Plan your trip
- Customize itinerary to suit your preferences
- Request now, pay later
- Direct chat with local guide before the trip
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.