5 hours in total
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Pingxi Sky Lantern Experience: Shifen Town in Pingxi District is one of several towns alongside highway 106, a narrow back road that runs between southern Taipei and southern Keelung.
In the past, those who worked or farmed in this remote hillside town used lanterns to inform their families they were safe when facing the risk of being robbed or killed. Nowadays, the lanterns do not function as signals anymore but used as symbols of peace and good fortune. The most well-known event held here is Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival.
Shifen Old Street: The Pingxi Branch Rail Line extends 12.9 kilometers through Keelung River Valley from Sandiaoling to Jingtong stations. The line was built in 1918 to transport coal, and in 1992 it was repurposed as a tourism route.
Homes hug closely to the tracks, adding to a nostalgic ambiance that has made the area a popular site for filming ads. The romantic beauty of the landscape has made this area a popular visitor attraction.
Shifen Waterfall: Shifen Waterfall lies between Dahua Station and Shifen Station on the Pingxi Railway Line in Pingxi District, New Taipei City. Torrents of water thunder down this curtain-type fall like a white satin sheet. As the water plunges into the large, deep pool beneath, it raises mists that often enshroud the falls.
On sunny days, the mists paint dazzling rainbows in the blue skies: a sight that has earned the waterfall pool the nickname of "Rainbow Pond." Because its bedrock slopes in the opposite direction of the water flow, Shifen Waterfall is a cascade-type waterfall similar to North America's Niagara Falls, earning it the nickname of "Taiwan's Niagara Falls."
- Pingxi Sky Lantern Experience
- Shifen Old Street
- Shifen Waterfall
- Shifen Railway Station
- Private English-speaking local guide
- Air-conditioned transports
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Plan your trip
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.