8 hours in total
Pick up in central Melbourne
What To Expect
Depart from the meeting point early in the afternoon and make your move down to Moonlit Sanctuary on the Mornington Peninsula. Here, you will meet some of Australia's most iconic wildlife spots including kangaroos, koalas, and wallabies. You'll also see loads of birdlife, Tassie Devils, wombats, emus, dingoes and more. Then it is off to Phillip Island.
Keep moving to Seal Rocks and the Nobbies Centre to take a walk along the boardwalk and soak in the stunning views back towards the Mornington Peninsula from Phillip Island's most western point. Here, you can also get a sneak peek of the main event, the Little Penguins, while they hide under the boardwalks and poke their heads out of the burrows waiting for the sunset when their mates return from the ocean.
Just before sunset, we head over to the Penguin Parade to take our spots at Penguin Stadium, ready to see the hundreds of Little Penguins as they make their way across the beach and return to their burrows in the sand dunes. See them reunited with their partners, where they give each other a little kiss, do a dance, then waddle up and into their burrows. You will certainly have an unforgettable afternoon before getting back to the meeting point.
- Pick-up from the meeting point at around 2:00 pm. Exact time and location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Encounter Australian wildlife at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Hand-feed wallabies (fee applies) and watch for joeys.
- Cape Woolamai surf beach, get sand between your toes.
- The Nobbies boardwalk and the best views of Phillip Island's rugged south coast.
- Watch the world famous Penguin Parade as hundreds of little penguins come out of the sea at dusk & head back to their burrows for the night.
- Appropriate clothing for warm/cool conditions and camera (please note photography is not permitted at the penguin parade)
- The tour departs seasonally between 1 pm - 2 pm and returns seasonally between approximately 9.30pm & midnight.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a designated meeting point in central Melbourne
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned coach
- Park entrance tickets
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Join a small group of maximum 12 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.