9 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
With naturally primitive features, Paradise Cave looks like a landscape painting; making it a natural wonder that many have enjoyed since its opening in 2010. According to spelunkers (cave explorers), the deeper one journeys into the cave, the more one feels the wells of heavenly clarity all around. The cave can reach up to 72 m high and up to 150 m wide. There are a series of white crystal stalactites (limestone deposits) resembling natural pillars and many other spectacular formations. Paradise Cave (Hang Thien Duong) was discovered by scientists of the British Caving Research Association in 2005. It has a length of 31.4 km and is the longest dry cave in Asia.
Phong Nha cave is not only a natural legacy of the world. It also stands as a relic system of the historic Ho Chi Minh trail which, during the US war, served as a secret hiding place for floating bridges that were only brought out at night to avoid targeted bombings. These bridges were key components in the supply chain from the north to the south by allowing supply trucks to cross the rivers. It also once served as a hospital, with weapons installed at the entrance. Once its location was discovered, it was heavily bombed, resulting in the external scarring you see today. This area has now become the first section of the ever popular Ho Chi Minh trail, as it showcases a lush, mountainous landscape.
- 07:45 You will be picked up at hotels then exploring National Park core zone and Paradise cave -the longest dry cave in Asia (located in Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park's core zone, 25kmabout Phong Nha cave, 75 km about Dong Hoi and 1h20 minutes driving) at the rest of the day.
- 12:30 Lunch at local restaurant in Phong Nha village
- 13:30 Visit Phong Nha caves (50 km about the city, 45 minutes driving). After 25 minutes on boat, visitors will arrive Phong Nha cave, take a couple hours to see the cave. This cave is called as water cave, is famous for its rock formation which has been given names such as the "Lion", the
"Fairy Caves", the "Royal Court", and the "Buddha".
- 17:00 Get back to hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Dong Hoi and Quang Binh
- All entrance fees to destinations
- Head Torch
- Helmet kayak
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Drinking water and lunch in a restaurant
- Golf buggy rental at Paradise Cave (very Jurassic Park!)
- Boat trip at Phong Nha cave
What's not included
- Other personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.