9 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
The Dark cave is an adventurous and action-packed experience. Visiting this cave includes harnessed zip lining over a turquoise river, swimming into the mouth of the cave (life jackets included), walking through the dark with only the head torch on your mining helmet to illuminate the way, having a mud fight in the buoyant mud baths deep in the cave, washing clean with a swim in the lake inside the cave, then kayaking back across the river to test your strength on the hanging obstacle course and open ziplines. The Dark cave is named as such because it is one of the few caves that has had no artificial lighting installed. The cave is comprised of mostly basalt, in addition to limestone. Basalt is a black, hard rock; also contributing to the cave's name. With this rock surrounding you, you squish through the narrow and muddy passage using only your headlamps to illuminate your path.
Paradise cave is the longest dry cave in Asia (located in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park's core zone. With naturally primitive features, Paradise Cave looks like a landscape painting; making it a natural wonder that many have enjoyed since its opening in 2010. According to spelunkers (cave explorers), the deeper one journeys into the cave, the more one feels the wells of heavenly clarity all around. The cave height can reach to 72 m and up to 150 m wide. There are a series of white crystal stalactites (limestone deposits) resembling natural pillars and many other spectacular formations.
- 08:45 - You will be picked up at hotels in then exploring National Park core zone and Paradise cave - the longest dry cave in Asia (located in Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park's core zone, 25km about Phong Nha cave, 75 km about Dong Hoi and 1h20 minutes driving) at the rest of the day.
- 12:30 Lunch at Dark cave restaurant
- 13:30 Visit Dark cave (located in Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park, 20km about Phong Nha cave, 65 km about Dong Hoi and 1h10 minutes driving). Dark cave was the true experience, kayaking over the river to get there, walking through the dark with only the head touch on your mining helmet, having a mud fight in the mud baths deep in the
cave and then washing clean with a swim in the lake inside the cave.
- Activities: Mud bath, ziplining, swimming, kayaking, please bring: swimwear
- 17:30 Get back to hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Dong Hoi and Quang Binh
- Air-conditioned car
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees to destinations
- Head Torch
- Helmet kayak
- Drinking water and lunch in a restaurant
- Golf buggy rental at Paradise Cave (very Jurassic Park!)
What's not included
- Other personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.