3 hours in total
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Our tour will take you through the charming area of Yanaka – one of the few remaining districts in Tokyo where the shitamachi (downtown) atmosphere – a feeling of Tokyo from past decades, still survives. The Yanaka area is filled with a feeling of nostalgia and a rustic charm.
Our tour will offer you a sightseeing opportunity different from the “big city” feel of other parts of Tokyo. Yanaka was one of the few areas in that survived the Great Kanto Earthquake and Fire of 1923 and was spared the Allied fire bombings during the WWII.
The area has a history as an artisan town where many famous writers and visual artists lived an worked. Today it retains a similar spirit and an afternoon stroll down the tiny side streets that dissect the area south of Nippori Station will highlight the diversity of craft still being produced in the area: textiles, ink prints, wood carvings, traditional cuisines, stationery, pottery, jewelry, and much more.
You can expect to try out these food: meat croquette, karaage (Japanese fired chicken), seasonal sashimi, ramen, takoyaki, gyoza (dumpling), mochi daifuku, senbei (rice cracker), Japanese pancake with read beans, seasonal fruit; and drinks: Sake, local coffee, craft beer or original soft drink, Japanese soft drink tasting (for children).
We will stop by shops that are over 100 years old, see local shrines and temples and enjoy a regional lunch from the South of Japan, Kyushu, before we end our tour with a traditional tea ceremony.
Around 10:00 a.m., you will be picked up at your hotel.
- 3 hour tour of Tokyo's Yanaka (Yanesen) District
- Visit small shops and try local specialties.
- Enjoy a regional lunch from the South of Japan, Kyushu.
- See how the Yanaka area is a great place for locals and visitors alike .
- Explore the art community and see wonderful galleries housed in traditional buildings.
- Finish up with a wonderful traditional tea ceremony in a hidden gem antique shop.
At the end of the journey, you will come back to your hotel. The tour will end around 1 p.m.
- All transfer and transportation.
- Experience English speaking guide.
Plan your trip
Join a group of maximum 10 people.
Join group message after payment.
Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice.