4 hours in total
Food and drinks included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Your local tour guide will meet you at your desired starting point in the city center, typically your hotel lobby, at your desired time. Leave your hotel and start your 4-hour amazing highlights of Old Shanghai tour begins as you take the metro to the first stop.
- First, you will visit Yuyuan Garden, a famous classical garden in southern China which is over 400 years old built in Ming Dynasty, the area around the garden has been the downtown of the city for several hundred years. Walking around this area will also introduce you to traditional Chinese shops and homes. If you need some souvenirs, nearby you also find unique items such as pearls, jade, tea, and silk as well as inexpensive Chinese ornamental items.
- From here you'll take a short walk to the historic district of Old Shanghai. You'll see traditional homes that are over 100 years old including seeing homes that are boarded up and marked for destruction as Shanghai races to modernity. This is a must-see unique area in this modern city! You can even talk to the locals with your tour guide as translator and peer inside homes.
- Along with your walk, we'll stop at local restaurants and food vendors that only the local Chinese know about and eat for delicacies of your choice such as delicious soup dumplings, fried dumplings, Chinese donuts, spring rolls, or all of the above.
- Next, you'll visit the Confucius Temple, the top university in the history of Shanghai. It was built in 1291 and the only place to pay respects to Confucius in the city. Here you'll enjoy a relaxing Confucian Tea ceremony where you'll sample a variety of local tea flavors and learn the many benefits of various teas.
- Pick up from your hotel in central Shanghai at your desired time. Greet your guide and have your 4-hour amazing highlights of Old Shanghai tour begin.
- Explore beautiful walking routes inside Yuyuan Garden, where you can find several traditional Chinese handicraft shops selling unique items such as pearls, jades, tea, and silk.
- Take a short walk to the historic district of Old Shanghai, see the traditional Shanghainese architectures and mingle with the locals.
- Stop at local restaurants and food vendors to enjoy some delicious local delicacies.
- Visit the Confucius temple, the top university in the history of Shanghai.
- Sample a variety of local tea flavors and learn more about the historical and cultural background of Chinese tea.
- Transfer back to your hotel and conclude this half-day Old Shanghai tour.
- This private tour can be started at any time before 02:00 pm since the Confucius Temple will be closed at 04:00 pm. If you still wish to take this tour after 02:00 pm, please note that the itinerary may be changed. Further information will be confirmed after reservation.
- Metro fee to our first sightseeing location and return
- Private English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Tea ceremony
- Local delicacies
- Bottled water
What's not included
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Customize itinerary to suit your preference
- Request now, pay later
- Direct chat with local guide before the trip
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.