4 hours in total
Meet up in Patel Chowk Metro Station, Gate No.1
What To Expect
Your adventure starts where your guide waits for you at Patel Chowk Metro Station, Gate No. 1.
Visit Gurudwara Sis Ganj, the place where the revered ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur was beheaded, on Wednesday, November 24, 1675, on the orders of the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb for refusing to convert to Islam.
Next, start our food tasting by having some Samosas (fried or baked dish with a savory filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas) and Jalebi (Sweet made by deep frying flour and then soaked in sugar syrup).
After that, we will head to a few different streets and try some famous snacks known as Paranthas (flat-bread), fruit sandwich, Aaloo-Tikki, and lemon soda.
Continue to the Spice Market and see the whole Old Delhi City from the top of a building. You will taste some more local dishes including Rabri-Faluda (rice noodles), Chole Bhature ( Delhi's all-time favorite snack) and enjoy Lassi (sweetened yogurt) in the end.
After that, you will get dropped off at Chandni Chowk/Red Fort Metro Station or your local guide can arrange a taxi or tuk-tuk back to your hotel.
- Let your taste buds travel for a change and delight in Old Delhi's favorite foods.
- Experience Old Delhi the way the locals do – through its delicious flavors and inventive cuisine.
- Navigate Old's Delhi street food stalls in the company of someone who knows the best food finds in the city.
- English-speaking local guide
- One-way Metro tickets to Old Delhi
- 8-10 local food dishes
- One bottled Water
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.