9 hours in total
Pick up at a meet-up location
What To Expect
Enjoy a full-day trip and see the highlights of Nara and Osaka on the same day. We meet at Kyoto Station where we start by visiting the Isetan department store gourmet floor where we stock up on some tasty treats from the huge selection of food on offer. From there we take our lunch on the train and enjoy the deliciousness while being whisked away to Nara station.
Nara is a special city with a rich history and some amazing sights that shouldn't be missed. The largest wooden building in the world which houses the biggest bronze Buddha in the world at Todaiji is reason enough to visit. Not to mention the thousands of sacred deer roaming the city. You couldn't visit Japan without at least a short trip to see the best of what Nara has to offer.
As we want to show you the best of both Nara and Osaka on the same day, when we arrive in Nara will start by going straight to the Todaiji Temple. We will pass the friendly deer all greeting us looking for snacks before we get to the main hall. Marvel at the beauty of the massive structure housing this amazing and huge Buddha. After that, we take a stroll through the park and get some great pics at this peaceful place before checking out the old town. After a visit there we will start our way back to the train station in time for the express train to Osaka.
Arriving in Osaka at Namba station, we will be right in the heart of the city. This area of the city has some of the most famous streets and neighborhoods with a wealth of shopping, pop culture and street food on offer. Osaka is known for its colorful playfulness and you can see it from the fashion of the locals to the huge billboards and advertisements on the outside of the buildings. First, we will take you on a stroll through the vibrant “Amemura” district or American village which is a bit like Osaka's take on Harajuku. Then we will stroll through the bustling street of Shinsaibashi and get a pic at the famous Glico neon sign before checking out Dontonburi and it's fun and crazy streets. At this point, we can set up camp at a cafe or bar and let those who want to shop or take pictures have some free time to do so while whoever wants to rest a bit with a beverage can just chill.
Now, the city will be starting to get dark so we can get those great pics of the neon lights. From here, we take you to Osaka station near Umeda station where we can either get a bite to eat or help you find your way back to Kyoto. It is a full day but a great chance to see the best of both cities for sure. And you have the option of staying in Osaka for more nighttime fun or heading back to Kyoto at the conclusion of the tour. Enjoy the best of two cities in one day with Inspitrip.
- 11:00 am: Pick up from Kyoto Station. Meet your local guide and start your day exploring Nara and Osaka.
- Visit Isetan department store gourmet floor for some tasty treats.
- Enjoy your delicious lunch on the train bound for Nara.
- Visit Todaiji Temple - where the world's biggest bronze Buddha is located.
- Stroll through the park and get some great pics with friendly deer.
- Explore the old town of Nara.
- Back to the train station and take the express train to Osaka.
- Arrive at Namba Station and start exploring the most famous streets and neighborhoods with a wealth of shopping, street food vendors, and pop cultures.
- Stroll through the vibrant Amemura district or American village.
- Discover the bustling streets of Shinsaibashi and get a pic at the iconic Glico sign.
- Check out Dotonbori and its fun and crazy streets.
- Take your free time to go shopping or take a sit at a local coffee shop.
- 11:00 pm: Return to the Osaka Station and conclude the tour.
- Pick-up at Kyoto Station and drop-off at Osaka Station
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the temples
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Lunch and drinks
Plan your trip
- Join a small group of maximum 8 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.