10 hours in total
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Escape the crowds on a full-day bus tour to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China. Get the chance to walk along the wall for panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
Depart from your hotel early in the morning, make your first stop at the Ming Tombs, the well-preserved Chinese imperial tombs with 500 years' of history behind it. Next, follow your local guide tol visit Dingling Tomb, the only tomb that has been excavated among the thirteen Ming Dynasty imperial tombs. This mausoleum of Emperor Wan Li is a curious labyrinth underground Palace.
After exploring the Ming Tombs, you will have the opportunity to visit a Jade Carving Factory for 45 minutes. Jade carving is a very popular product in China, not only for the excellent skills artists need to do the carvings but also because of the cultural background behind. A traditional Chinese cuisine lunch will follow the visit.
The next activity is the Great Wall, the longest piece of architecture in the world, stretching from China's east coast to China's west desert. This section of the Wall called Mutianyu is known for its beautiful surroundings like dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of a year. At Mutianyu, you can hike up the side of mountains to the wall or take a cable car (not included). Then you can walk over the wall passing several watch towers for different views. On the way down, you can either walk or take the cable car or toboggan (at your own expense).
After this 2 hour visit, you will return to Beijing downtown, where you will have the chance to learn about Chinese traditional tea ceremonies at a local tea shop. Finishing the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel around 6:00 pm, depending on the hotel drop-off order.
- 06:00 - 07:30 am: Pick up from your hotel in central Beijing. Exact pickup time will be confirmed after reservation.
- Journey to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China, built as a barrier to defend Beijing and the imperial tombs.
- Visit the Ming Tombs, the well-preserved Chinese imperial tombs with 500 years of history behind.
- Stop by Dingling Tomb, the only tomb that has been excavated among the thirteen Ming Dynasty imperial tombs.
- Visit Jade Carving Factory to not only see the excellent skilled artists making stunning products, but also learn about the cultural background of the site.
- Enjoy a traditional lunch of Chinese food.
- Marvel at the longest piece of architecture in the world, the Great Wall.
- Hike up the wall or take the cable car to get panoramic views of the surrounding woodlands and rich pastures at Mutianyu section.
- Pass several watchtowers for different vistas from each one. Choose to descend the mountain on foot or by cable car, or ride one of the toboggans for a new experience.
- Return to Beijing downtown to learn about Chinese traditional tea ceremony at a local tea shop.
- 06:00 pm: The bus ride back to Beijing. In cases of heavy traffic, when returning from the Wall, you can choose to be dropped at a subway station on the way or wait to be dropped off at your hotel.
- Please note that the hotel must be in the city center. This means inside the Third Ring Road in the North, East, and West; and inside the Second Ring Road in the South.
- Benefit from approximately 3 hours to explore the Mutianyu Great Wall of China.
- This tour does not have any shopping stops, unlike most Beijing tours. This means that you will be able to stay longer at the Great Wall.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in central Beijing.
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned transports
- Traditional Chinese lunch
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Cable car ride at the Mutianyu Great Wall of China (optional)
- Other personal expenses
- Other gratuities
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.