2 days in total
Homestay, meals, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
The Mekong Delta, aka the Western Region, is the region in southwestern Vietnam where the Mekong River approaches and empties into the sea through a network of distributaries.
The Mekong Delta in southern Vietnam is a vast maze of rivers, swamps and islands, home to floating markets, Khmer pagodas and villages surrounded by rice paddies.
Boats are the main means of transportation, and tours of the region often start in nearby Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) or Can Tho, a bustling town in the heart of the delta.
We'll come to see the local farms, houses, real life and have an opportunity to see farmers picking up their fruits on the ancestral ways in Mekong Delta where we can also see how they make rice-net for spring-rolls, sew coconut-leaves for cottage roof and specially see how they wave the dried water-hyacinth to make many products: baskets, bags, hats, wallets, shoes, etc.
The rowing boat will take you deeper into the countryside on smaller canals and to enjoy the peaceful time. It is so interesting to see traditional houses made of wood or palm leaves and see some activities of the local farmers with an opportunity to make contacts with them and see how they catch fish or pick up fruits by ancestral ways in Mekong Delta.
- Pick-up at your hotel.
- Visit Cao Dai Holy temple, is a monotheistic religion officially established in the city of Tây Ninh in southern Vietnam in 1926 with about one million followers. This religion is blended with many religions like Buddhism, Taoism, Confucius, Catholic and Muslim.
- Go by boat to local villages, visit local workshop where make rice paper, coconut candy, pop-rice, pop-con, floating rice market, fruits garden, fishing farm, visit Ba Kiet ancient house, take a walk along river bank.
- Paddle boat to small canal, see daily life along river banks with many beautiful green garden houses.
- Have lunch at local house then enjoy Vietnam folk music, fish catching.
- Back to the van then stay over night at Ut Hoai homestay in Can Tho.
- The boat pick up you at your hotel for floating market where hundred boats exchange goods everyday.
- Visit garden fruit Ba Cong, Hu Tieu noodle workshop, visit seafood market.
- Go to a Cai Rang village, ride bike around the village.
- Lunch on the way back Saigon (optional).
- 1 dinner
- 1 breakfast
- English-speaking local guide
- Entrance fees
Plan your trip
- Customize itinerary to suit your preference
- Request now, pay later
- Direct chat with local guide before the trip
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.