8 hours in total
Water, entrance fee, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Phnom Kulen - regarded as the birthplace of the Khmer empire and approximately 50 kilometres from Siem Reap.
It is said that King Jayavaraman II bathed in these waters and believed that the waters were holy.
This tour is ideal for people who enjoy the natural environment and want to add variety to their temple touring. It is particularly suitable for people with children, as there is a lot to see and do.
- This morning at 8.00 am, depart your hotel to Phnom Kulen, regarded as the birthplace of the Khmer empire and approximately 50 kilometres from Siem Reap. The drive to the base of Phnom Kulen will take around one hour and will take you through pretty countryside. At the summit of Phnom Kulen mountain (a further half hour drive) is a 16th century Buddhist monastery (Phra Ang Tho), and it was here that King Jayavaraman II declared independence from Java in 802AD. A short climb up a stone staircase leads you to a 17-metre reclining Buddha with views across the countryside. Around the base of the temple, monks and worshipers burn incense and leave offerings of fruit. We then explore nearby winding jungle paths, and see traditional Khmer healers plying their trade and selling Buddhist icons.
- Next we take a short drive to the 'River of 1000 Lingas'. We take time to walk into the water and view hundreds of lingas carved into the sandstone river-bed.
- We then follow the river down to where it spills into a two tier waterfall and stop for lunch and a swim.
- Early afternoon, set out on the return journey to Siem Reap town and arrive back at your hotel mid-afternoon.
- Dress code is casual but shoulders and knees must be covered inside temples
- Visit Phnom Kulen Mountain
- English-speaking local guide
- Private air-conditioned transports
- Entrance fee
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
Plan your trip
- Customize itinerary to suit your preference
- Request now, pay later
- Direct chat with local guide before the trip
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option.You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.