4.5 hours in total
All dishes included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Experience a full day in the Hunter Valley Region, enjoying delicious food and amazing wines which will excite your taste buds. Set in the rolling green hills which surround the Hunter River, the Hunter Valley is home to more than 120 wineries. This Hunter Valley Wine Tour not only gives you the opportunity to experience some of Australia's best wines, but also feast on some of the regions finest local produce.
- Start the day at McGuigans Wines where you will first experience a 'behind the scenes' wine making tour. You'll soon become an expert in the procedures that go into making award winning wine. After the tour step into their Cellar Door for a tastings session including a variety of red, white and sparkling wines.
- Next up is a delicious lunch at the exclusive Cypress Lakes Resort. Enjoy a delightful meal with a glass of wine and soak in the scenery that surrounds this beautiful resort. Click here for a sample menu.
- After we have refuelled our bodies it's time to visit our second winery of the day – Iron Gate Estate and enjoy an extensive wine tasting experience. The winery takes its name from the iron gate at the winery entrance, handcrafted by leading blacksmith Paul Simpson. Sample wines in the stylish cellar door with Spanish roof and floor tiles.
- Last but not least we visit Wynwood Estate, one of the Hunter's most traditional wineries. Using local vineyard knowledge, Wynwood Estate produce and hand pick the finest grapes that are used in their wine making process. Sample red, white and sparkling wines at their very own Cellar Door.
- 3 wineries including tastings
- Lunch at Cypress Lakes Resort with a glass of wine
- Inner city pick-up/drop-off
- Friendly & informative guide
- Operates: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Departs: 7:00am
- Returns: 6:30pm
- Please note: closed in shoes are required for the Wine Making Tour
Plan your trip
Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice