4 hours in total
Food tasting, transport included
Pick up at Lok Fu MRT station
What To Expect
The night tour starts with a visit to Kowloon Walled City Park, which has been the former site of the notorious Kowloon Walled City slum. The slum that grew up within the Kowloon Walled City was the most densely populated area ever to exist on planet earth.
From Kowloon Walled City Park, our walking tour takes us to into Kowloon City, which is known as 'Hong Kong's Little Thailand'. Here we will try a traditional Thai street food, as well as a local Cantonese delicacy from one of Hong Kong's most famous and beloved bakeries.
Our night tour adventure continues in Mong Kok, a district famous for its shopping, markets and glimmering neon lights. It is also a center of Triad (criminal gang) activity in Hong Kong. Here, you will learn more about organized crime in Hong Kong whilst relaxing with a cold beer. We will then explore the bustling streets of Mong Kok, take in the famous Goldfish Market, electronics streets, and Ladies Market. Your local guide will explain what is going on inside the masses of high rise buildings surrounding the markets. Prostitution, illegal gambling and subdivided living is all rife in the Mong Kok district.
From the gritty and frantic streets of Mong Kok, make your way to the more glamorous district of Tsim Sha Tsui on the peninsula of Kowloon. Here, make a visit to Chungking Mansions, a dilapidated 17 buildings built in the 1960's with full of cheap guesthouses and cut-rate businesses in the middle of some of the most expensive real estate in Hong Kong. A social scientist wrote a book about the building after conducting a 3-year study on it and the thousands of people that pass through it every day. We will talk about the building and its fascinating stories.
From the cheapest place to sleep in Hong Kong, we cross the road and visit one of the most expensive places to sleep: The Peninsula hotel. This beautiful art deco building holds its own dark story which will be discussed during the trip. Continuing we come to Hullett House, another historic building was constructed in 1884 and previously occupied by the Marine Police.
Our tour ends at the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront where we discuss the history and development of the Hong Kong skyline from the early 1800s to the present day.
- Pick-up at Lok Fu MRT station at 4:00 pm. On Sundays and public holidays, we meet up at 8:45 am to avoid the crowd.
- A visit to Kowloon Walled City Park, the former site of the notorious Kowloon Walled City slum.
- See the park inside Walled City Park and discover how the slum cam into existence.
- Get into Kowloon City, which is known as 'Hong Kong's Little Thailand'
- Explore the bustling streets of Mong Kok, a district famous for its shopping, markets and glimmering neon lights. It is also a center of Triad (criminal gang) activity in Hong Kong.
- Keep moving to Tsim Sha Tsui, the more glamorous district on the peninsula of Kowloon.
- Visit Chungking Mansions, a dilapidated 17 story building built in the 1960's full of cheap guesthouses and cut-rate businesses in the middle of some of the most expensive real estate in Hong Kong.
- Marvel at the Hullett House, another historic building, constructed in 1884 and previously occupied by the Marine Police.
- Tour ends at the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront where we will discuss the history and development of the Hong Kong skyline from the early 1800s to the present day.
- After the discussion, the local guide will take you back to your hotel. The tour will end around 8 p.m.
- The tour is operated on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays only.
- Public transportation
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Two drinks/person
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.