8 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up inside Hoan Kiem District
What To Expect
In this experience, you will receive a one-day introduction to the capital city, with true insights from a local. Hanoi is currently the second most populated city in Vietnam. Unlike the bustling Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi is more tranquil with a nostalgic ambience of times gone by.
There are many ways to start a day in Hanoi. One is to visit Hoan Kiem Lake in the early morning while the air is still fresh, local people usually hang out here at this time to workout. Or stop by Ngoc Son temple to see their spiritual life. You can join the elders practicing tai chi or of the kids playing football.
Created in 1070 by Emperor Ly Thanh Tong, the Temple of Literature was originally the Temple of Confucius and hosted Vietnam's first national university. The place is famous for its architecture and the stelae that were carved with names of the most exceptional scholars of the past. Nowadays, local people usually go to the temple to pray for academic and work achievements. It is still a symbol to honor outstanding students and encourage study.
The Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is the resting place of Ho Chi Minh, the national celebrated leader, where his body is embalmed and preserved. It is protected by the military honor guard and opened for visitors from all around the world. It means that you can see his body too! At 5 a.m., you can watch the guards exchange shift, a ceremony that a lot of local people enjoy.
The Hanoi city tour will end in the Old Quarter. Needless to say, this area is among the top visited places in Hanoi on anyone's list. Here you will find houses with French architecture, tiny alleys, and lots of interesting local stories. Although the place is usually flooded with tourists, with our local insider you will be able to find hidden corners and enjoy some authentic traditional dishes.
The Old Quarter is thousand years old and today retains much of the old flavor that made the area special in earlier times, each street was the exclusive domain of one trade (guilds) so there are whole streets of blacksmiths, silver shops, paper shops, headstone makers and more. Originally there were just 36 streets in the old quarter but today there are more than 50 streets. Don't forget to ask for some travel tips to explore this area before saying goodbye to your local guide!
This itinerary is customizable if you choose Private Tour option.
Around 8 a.m., you will be picked up at your hotel.
- Visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum to explore the architectural and historical aspects of Uncle Ho's final resting-place.
- Just next door is Ho Chi Minh's house on stilts and lying to one side of the Mausoleum is the One Pillar Pagoda, which was founded by King Ly Thai To in 1049 - the structure has become an important symbol for the people of Hanoi.
- Continue on to the Buddhist Pagoda Tran Quoc at West lake. This is one of the oldest pagodas in Vietnam.
- Visit Bat Trang pottery village (applied on Mon, Wed & Fri).
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- After lunch, proceed to visit the Ethnology Museum (apply on Sun, Tue, Thu & Sat).
- Visit the Literature Temple and Quoc Tu Giam, see Vietnam's first university, constructed in 1070 - it's gardens and well-preserved architecture will offer a relaxing glimpse into Vietnam's past.
- Take you past Hoan Kiem Lake to see the peaceful waters, and the beauty of Ngoc Son temple.
At the end of the journey, you will come back to Hanoi's Old Quarter. The tour will end around 3 - 4 p.m.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Ethnology Museum are closed on Monday and Friday morning. Hence, a visit to the Bat Trang pottery village will be arranged as substitution. The Mausoleum is also closed during October.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Please do not wear shorts, mini-skirt or shirt without sleeves.
- All transfer and transportation.
- Experience English speaking guide.
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (lunch).
- All sightseeing tickets.
Plan your trip
- Join Inspitrip group of maximum 10 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice