4.5 hours in total
Food tasting, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Take your taste buds on a journey around Cantonese cuisine on a 4.5-hour walking food tour of Guangzhou's traditional Liwan district. Food is one of Guangzhou's main claims to fame, and your knowledgeable local guide will introduce you to Liwan's top foodie haunts, from local markets and restaurants to ancient sidestreets stuffed with food stalls. As you walk, learn trivia aplenty about the city's culinary heritage, and make stops to sample goodies such as fresh prawns, succulent roast duck, and deliciously sticky rice with fresh mango.
This tour starts with a walk through the Guangzhou fish market, an amazing wholesale market full of live fish and shellfish. You will sample some fresh prawns during the visit before wandering into the backstreets of Liwan to savor more specialties and experience local life and culture.
The highlight of this foodie tour is having dim sum (also known as yum cha) at one of the best Cantonese restaurants in China. If you have always been curious about what dim sum has to offer, then this is the chance for you. Here, you will find many unique dishes such as sea cucumber dumplings that even a dim sum connoisseur will be tantalized.
Food tasting includes (subject to change and availability):
- Salt and pepper prawns: after buying some live prawns at the fish market, we have them stir-fried with salt and pepper at a neighboring restaurant. Fresh and delicious.
- Chinese cakes: sample some of the finest Cantonese pastries such as "Lo Po Bang (wife's cakes)" and "Lin Yong So (Lotus Seed Paste in pastry)" from traditional bakeries founded more than 100 years old ago!
- Dumplings: delicious pan-fried dumplings filled with minced pork and chives.
- Roast duck: succulent duck from a small takeaway restaurant
- Dim sum: sample a wide range of most popular Cantonese cuisine with your choice of tea such as Jasmine, Bole, Ti Gwun Yum at an 80-year-old award winning restaurant to experience quintessential Cantonese dining.
- Dessert: try desserts made of buffalo milk or glutinous rice with mango.
- 04:00 pm: Pick up from your hotel in central Guangzhou. Greet your local guide and start your best Guangzhou food tour.
- Head to Liwan district, where you can visit local markets, see the daily trade of locals and taste the authentic dishes at street food vendors.
- Learn about Guangzhou's history and its distinctive Cantonese cuisine from a local guide.
- Enjoy a wide range of food stops at markets, bakeries, and eateries around Liwan.
- Sink your teeth into fresh-from-the-sea prawns from a bustling fish market.
- Sample favorites like Cantonese dim sum and luscious roast duck.
- Savor sweet treats such as flaky 'wife cake' pastries and glutinous mango rice.
- 08:00 pm: Transfer back to your hotel and conclude the food tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in central Guangzhou
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned coach
- Food tasting
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspirit. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.