5 hours in total
Transport, lunch included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Located near the summit of Doi Suthep mountain, Wat Prathat Doi Suthep is a must-see for everyone visiting Chiang Mai. This half-day sightseeing tour will take you to discover one of the most important religious temples in Thailand and get a glimpse into the traditional life of local Meo Pui village.
Start your trip with a scenic drive through the most historic areas of Chiang Mai, including a pass through the old city walls, city gates, and moat. The drive continues into Chiang Mai's tourist attraction areas, past the local market, foreign consulates, government buildings and 'Tapae Gate' before continuing to the acclaimed temple Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, home to a holy relic of the Lord Buddha and considered by many to be the most sacred Wat in northern Thailand. Built by King Gue-Na in 1383 and situated 3,500 feet above sea level, this temple offers an interesting challenge as it contains a flight of over 300 steps to reach its top level.
Once on top of the summit, visitors will be treated to a panoramic view of the city. Here, you can see the marvelous golden pagoda which contains the relics of the Lord Buddha. Your local expert will introduce you to the temple and share you with its historical background and religious significance to Thailand Buddhism.
Next, make a stop at the primitive Meo Pui village, a community known for its unique culture and colorful costumes. You'll also visit some local markets and stilt houses so as to gain in-depth knowledge about the daily life of local people.
After the visit, we can walk back to the parking lot and browse the souvenirs shops before transferring back to your hotel in Chiang Mai. Say goodbye to your local guide and end your amazing day to the famous Doi Suthep!
- Pick up at your hotel in central Chiang Mai. Meet your local guide and drive through the city to the western mountain range.
- Visit the Wat Prathat Doi Suthep, one of the most important religious destinations in Chiang Mai.
- Climb the 309 steps to reach the temple to see the marvelous golden pagoda and the spectacular view of the city.
- Visit the Meo Pui Village, a local community known for its unique culture and colorful costumes and learn more about the traditional life of its people.
- After the visit, walk back to the parking lot and browse the souvenir shops, where you can find lots of handicrafts and traditional products.
- Transfer back to your hotel in Chiang Mai and conclude the tour.
- Please dress respectfully by not wearing sleeveless T-shirts, shorts or strapless sandals, when visiting the Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep.
- Please bring your own hats, sunglasses, bottled water, etc. to prevent heat stroke.
- Please choose between these two options:
- Morning tour: 08:00 AM - 12:00 AM.
- Afternoon tour: 01:30 PM - 5:00 PM.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in central Chiang Mai
- Air-conditioned coach
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Food and drinks
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.