9 hours in total
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) is, I dare say, one of the most unique cities in the world. Its exclusive features come from all things you might stumble upon while discovering its path: the essence of Vietnamese culture oozing out from every corner, the history pages that have been preserved in various locations across the city, it is natural urban planning: the unruly structure, the vague blocks of houses, the undulating rooftops you can never see anywhere in the world. The city and its concrete components sure are fascinating, but to make an impact on every tourist that ever set foot on this small city, it must be the people who do all the hard work. The Saigonese are arguably among the friendliest people you can find in our small country, and the street food is always ranked among the best in the world, even by renowned chefs.
The city never fails on surprising strangers. The first time in Saigon always leaves people in awe for its infamous traffic, simple building structures and the fast pace of its residents. But once you have known it, it sure will make you fall in love.
- You will be picked up at your hotel or port (if you happen to dock at Nha Rong port – this option is specifically for tourists who go on the cruise). The starting time is entirely up to you
- The first destinations on our checklist will be the most prominent tourist attractions in the city that include, but not limited to:
- The Reunification Palace, the former White House of the Republic of Vietnam before its fall
- The Notre Dame Cathedral
- The most famous landmark of Saigon and the neighboring Central Post Office, now still a functional post office, together, they form the true heart of the city.
- We will walk down the narrow and busy Dong Khoi Street to visit the City Hall Headquarter, which faces the opulent Nguyen Hue Boulevard
- Take a stroll to the nearby Opera House, where traditional shows are still hosted every night.
- After the common stops, we will move on to some of the peculiar places that a tourist can be: we offer local sites like some typical Vietnamese markets that housewives actually buy ingredients to cook there and some local café for you to have a taste of our coffee culture
- At the end of the tour, we offer 2 options for souvenir buying:
- You can either shop at Ben Thanh market, where all of the local delicacies and goods are present
- Shopping at a traditional lacquerware factory, lacquerware being one of the most famous handicrafts in Vietnam, in the outskirt of town, but keep in mind, they only offer lacquerware souvenirs here!
- After a long day, we will bid our goodbyes at our starting point.
- Private English-speaking local guide
- Private air-conditioned transports
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Plan your trip
- Customize itinerary to suit your preference
- Request now, pay later
- Direct chat with local guide before the trip
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.