5 hours in total
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Take a tour around the city; end with a glorious scene of sunset.
Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) is a young and vibrant city in its own right. The rapid rate of urbanization and the fast pace of the life make it a very energetic place to be, but not without the cultural and historical aspects. The Saigonese have always embraced their roots, and, as a matter of facts, take pride in it and parade it in every corner of the street. Saigon itself is the town of contradictions: it is both old and new, both fast-paced and slow. And don't forget the food! This city earned its fame in part for its delicious street food, even recommended by world-famous chefs.
If you are a first timer in Saigon, it wouldn't be a surprise if you are in shocked due to the extremity of the place: every hour in Saigon is rush hour, with millions of motorbikes move in swarms across the street; the riding is terrible and at time even dangerous in the eyes of many foreigners and the traffic itself is just dreadful. But, after you have met the warm Saigonese, having the same dishes they get and get to know their history, you will fall in love with this city.
Sunset in Saigon is the most bizarre time one can experience during the trip. It is the time that the scorching sun is finally given up on the city and the air begins to cool down a little. While the air is cooling down, the traffic is heating up with traffic jams everywhere. But you don't have to be stuck in one to know what it's like. We offer two options of observing in this scenario: you can either watch it from afar in a speedboat or from high up above in a sky bar!
- You will be picked up in the morning at your hotel or port (offered when you go on a cruiser). The starting time is entirely up to you though.
- We will spend half a day to explore Saigon in some of its most famous tourist attractions that include, but not limited to:
- The Reunification Palace-formerly was known as the White House of the Republic of Vietnam.
- Notre Dame Cathedral and the neighboring Central Post Office in the old French Quartet.
- Walk down the street to marvel at the architecture of the now-functioning City Hall and the Opera House.
- Some unusual location for a tourist will also be included like a local market, where housewives buy the ingredients for their daily meal, and a café to have a taste of our coffee culture. Lesser-known sites are also covered like the famous statue of Thich Quang Duc -the monk cremated himself to protest the raging war and a lacquerware factory (the most famous handicraft in Vietnam) in the outskirt of town.
- For sunset, we offer two options of observing:
- Option 1: On a speedboat in the canal for 1 hour. It is generally quieter here on the river, and you can see the staggering difference between the rich river bank and the poor river bank. If we get nearer to the roads, you might also see the nightmare of all the locals: the dreadful rush hour.
- Option 2: At a sky bar in downtown Saigon. If the beauty of the sunset is the only thing that you care about, this is the option for you. The bar is the best place to see the transition from day to night, from sunlight to vehicle light. Watch from high above as the city shines in its luminous lights. In this option, trousers are required for men, and the first drink is included in our tour price.
- Private English-speaking local guide
- Private air-conditioned transports
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.